Solved

Has anyone else had the experience of someone calling at their home to read the FiT meter?

• 2 March 2019
  • 1 reply

Hi everyone,
Has anyone else had the experience of someone calling at their home to read the FiT meter?? (I have solar panels). I had someone call yesterday. In the 4 years I have had the panels I have always sent in a self read as requested.
I had received an email the day before asking for a self read. There had been no letter/email to say there would be a visit prior to this visit. My friend was in my home and said the owner was not home and thankfully she did not let her in. I was out at the time.
I find this very suspicious and depending on others' experience here, I may contact the police.
Looking forward to hearing your experiences...
icon

Best answer by Tim_OVO 6 March 2019, 14:28

Has anyone else had the experience of someone calling at their home to read the FiT meter?

Hi @Alison561

I've checked this with our team, and we do send out an engineer to (try to) read your feed in tariff generation meter about every 2 years. Currently we use Morrisons Data engineers - the engineer should be able to provide an ID to confirm who they are.
View original

1 reply

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

Hi @Alison561

I've checked this with our team, and we do send out an engineer to (try to) read your feed in tariff generation meter about every 2 years. Currently we use Morrisons Data engineers - the engineer should be able to provide an ID to confirm who they are.

Cookie policy

We use cookies to enhance and personalize your experience. If you accept you agree to our full cookie policy. Learn more about our cookies.

Accept cookies Cookie settings