Solved

Has anyone else had the experience of someone calling at their home to read the FiT meter?

• 2 March 2019
  • 1 reply

Hi everyone,
Has anyone else had the experience of someone calling at their home to read the FiT meter?? (I have solar panels). I had someone call yesterday. In the 4 years I have had the panels I have always sent in a self read as requested.
I had received an email the day before asking for a self read. There had been no letter/email to say there would be a visit prior to this visit. My friend was in my home and said the owner was not home and thankfully she did not let her in. I was out at the time.
I find this very suspicious and depending on others' experience here, I may contact the police.
Looking forward to hearing your experiences...
icon

Best answer by Tim_OVO 6 March 2019, 14:28

Has anyone else had the experience of someone calling at their home to read the FiT meter?

Hi @Alison561

I've checked this with our team, and we do send out an engineer to (try to) read your feed in tariff generation meter about every 2 years. Currently we use Morrisons Data engineers - the engineer should be able to provide an ID to confirm who they are.
View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

Hi @Alison561

I've checked this with our team, and we do send out an engineer to (try to) read your feed in tariff generation meter about every 2 years. Currently we use Morrisons Data engineers - the engineer should be able to provide an ID to confirm who they are.