Solved

Do OVO send out meter reading reminder emails?

I am new to Ovo and would like to know whether I get an email reminder when the meter readings are due?
icon

Best answer by Lucy_OVO 21 April 2017, 15:57

Hi

I know I am partly to blame for not always submitting meter readings, but still to receive a bill for one month for Gas alone of over £250 because OVO estimates were so far out seems ridiculous!
OVO could have given me some kind of warning that this amount was going to be charged.
What I don't understand is that the Electric bill estimates were over what I had used (only just) and I have been a customer since 2011 and there would be a trend to my Gas consumption (higher in colder months, less in warmer)
It seemed a bit unfair to suddenly realise that the estimates for a year were incorrect and to recoup all at once?

Hey KevinT,

Good question. Normally, if you’ve provided regular meter readings, the estimate wont be too far off but that’s the thing about estimates, they are just that.

The best way to make sure you’re billed correctly each month is to provide us with regular meter readings. If you want to send me a private message with your name, DoB and OVO account number, I can advise you of the best day to submit them. 🙂

I've also moved your topic onto this thread as two other users have queried meter readings!

Lucy
View original

12 replies

Hi

I know I am partly to blame for not always submitting meter readings, but still to receive a bill for one month for Gas alone of over £250 because OVO estimates were so far out seems ridiculous!
OVO could have given me some kind of warning that this amount was going to be charged.
What I don't understand is that the Electric bill estimates were over what I had used (only just) and I have been a customer since 2011 and there would be a trend to my Gas consumption (higher in colder months, less in warmer)
It seemed a bit unfair to suddenly realise that the estimates for a year were incorrect and to recoup all at once?
Hi there, I'm new to OVO too, joined just over a month ago. We submitted readings when we joined, and our settings on our account say we will receive a monthly email reminder to submit them. But we didn't get one, and so OVO have estimated our latest readings. I'm not sure what's gone wrong! If anyone can suggest what's happened that'd be good!
Userlevel 5
Badge +2
Hi

Hey KevinT,

Good question. Normally, if you’ve provided regular meter readings, the estimate wont be too far off but that’s the thing about estimates, they are just that.

The best way to make sure you’re billed correctly each month is to provide us with regular meter readings. If you want to send me a private message with your name, DoB and OVO account number, I can advise you of the best day to submit them. 🙂

I've also moved your topic onto this thread as two other users have queried meter readings!

Lucy
Userlevel 5
Badge +2
I am new to Ovo and would like to know whether I get an email reminder when the meter readings are due?

Hi there, I'm new to OVO too, joined just over a month ago. We submitted readings when we joined, and our settings on our account say we will receive a monthly email reminder to submit them. But we didn't get one, and so OVO have estimated our latest readings. I'm not sure what's gone wrong! If anyone can suggest what's happened that'd be good!

Hey Meg and Rosie,

Welcome to the Forum!

@meg - yep, we can get these set up for you. Just drop me a private message with your name, DoB and OVO account number to request this. :)

@Rosie - Like Meg and KevinT, I can make sure the meter reading reminders are set up on your account and can also advise of the best day to submit readings. Just drop me a private message if you’d like further help with this.

Lucy
I have been with OVO for a couple of years now and each month received an email prompting me to input my meter readings. However this month I did not receive an email - so did not input my readings - so the bill has been estimated. Is this a temporary glitch or is it a change of policy? Will I receive reminder emails in future?
Userlevel 5
Badge +2
I have been with OVO for a couple of years now and each month received an email prompting me to input my meter readings. However this month I did not receive an email - so did not input my readings - so the bill has been estimated. Is this a temporary glitch or is it a change of policy? Will I receive reminder emails in future?

Hey VicL,

I imagine it’s a temporary glitch but I might need to reset these for you. Can you PM me your name, DoB and OVO account number?

Alternatively, to guarantee you’re billed from a reading to a reading, please provide us with a read the day before your statement is created.

Lucy
Thanks for your reply Lucy. How do I PM you please?

VicL
We are relatively new to OVO and have just received an estimated bill because we received no reminder to submit a reading, despite our account being set up to receive monthly reminders. Why is this?
I have reminder e-mails set up on my account but I am not receiving them all of the time. I have to send in my readings by 12th of each month. Can you tell me why the e-mails are not reaching me when the e-mail address is correct?
Hi @totalpowells @ajk1957

Unfortunately, due to a technical issue, our meter reading reminders haven't been reaching our customers. Rest assured our team are aware of the issue and are working hard to get this fixed ASAP.

Cheers,
Emily
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
I'd wondered why I received no reminder email this month. Thanks for clarifying @Emily_OVO.

Anyway, I took the readings today and sent them off by carrier pigeon... quicker than email. :P

It would be useful if the OVO App had the Reminder Option implemented natively within, rather than directing us back to the OVO web-interface. Then we could have mobile-phone notifications when readings are wanted, instead of emails. Where's this on the ToDo List @Jon_OVO?
Userlevel 1
@Transparent I've passed the baton on the OVO Energy app to another product manager now, but from discussions with that team I last week I know that in-app meter reading reminder notifications are a potential feature that might be added in the coming weeks. It's always a case of prioritising what's most valuable for our customers first, so the team may well take a different approach in the end.