Solved

Can I change from monthly bills to quarterly bills?

Hi I submit my meter reading on a monthly basis on or around the 15th of the month. Both Gas and Electric submitted at the same time. Why cant you process me just 1 bill per quarter for both Gas and Electric as did Scottish Power rather than 1 per month for each service separately?
icon

Best answer by Transparent 22 June 2018, 11:49

Hi @buckju, I need to correct what I wrote above. You can have quarterly Statements from OVO, and yet still pay monthly.

However, I'm still unsure why you're getting separate bills for electricity and gas. I wonder if the "start dates" that OVO registered for taking over your supplies didn't coincide for some reason. You'll need to ask them directly using the contact details I gave above.
View original

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +3
That's a good question, @buckju.

Firstly, here on the Forum you're communicating with fellow customers. We're not OVO Customer Services and they don't monitor what we discuss here. But we have quite a breadth of knowledge and we can usually help each other. :)

I'm on a 2-year Fixed Dual-Fuel Tariff and my monthly Statement do amalgamate gas and electricity.

I think the Regulator requires the Bills/Statements to match the payment intervals. So if you're paying by monthly Direct Debit, then the Statements must also be monthly, not quarterly.

If you fill out your Forum Profile, I can probably provide a slightly more accurate response.

But if you want the answers from OVO themselves, then you can telephone Customer Services on 0330 303 5063 or email hello@ovoenergy.com. They obviously have access to your account details, which I don't.
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hi @buckju, I need to correct what I wrote above. You can have quarterly Statements from OVO, and yet still pay monthly.

However, I'm still unsure why you're getting separate bills for electricity and gas. I wonder if the "start dates" that OVO registered for taking over your supplies didn't coincide for some reason. You'll need to ask them directly using the contact details I gave above.
I've seen on other forum posts that there is apparently a preference I can set for quarterly rather than monthly statements (and, I hope therefore, quarterly rather than monthly meter reading requests) but I can't find anything. Where is this setting? How do I change it?

(I asked this question recently via the Online Contact Form and heard nothing - no reply, not even an acknowledgement of my message. Hoping the forum is more responsive...)
Userlevel 6
Badge +4
Hi @GJD - I've moved your post over here where you should be able to find the info you need!
I would like to submit meter readings every 3 months. I am not bothered about seeing the word "estimated" on my statement but I do not want to pay a different amount every month because you have used an estimated figure to calculate it - I want to have the same payment coming out of my bank as the same level pension income goes in. I will make any adjustments out of savings at the end of the year or be happy to receive a refund whichever applies.
Userlevel 6
Badge +1
Hi @Walter Quirk The only way for you to pay the same amount each month would be to set up a Direct Debit. I am not aware of any other way.

@Nancy_OVO Is that right? Only way would be to change direct debit recommendation?
I have a direct debit in place but I am getting the impression that the paymen will change each month when the monthly statement is generated
Userlevel 5
Have you thought about quarterly billing @Walter Quirk? Take a look at this topic for more info! 🙂
I am not getting confirmation from anyone that I am able to do what I have always done. I wish to pay the same amount every month. The ONLY way this can be done is for me to pay by STANDING ORDER where I control the outgoing amount as opposed to Direct Debit where I
OVO control the amount. However Standing Orders do not attract a discount as DDs do. My pension income stays each month and I am trying to ensure that my outgoings remain the same but am not getting any confirmation that I will be allowed to do this.
Userlevel 6
Badge +4
Hi @Walter Quirk ,

@ITGeek123 is right, the way to pay in the same amount each month is by setting up a Direct Debit. However, depending on how much energy you're using, your Direct Debit amount can be changed to cover this.

The one thing that stays the same on your contract is the unit rates and standing charges - your bills will fluctuate depending on the season/activity in the household etc.

Cheers