Solved

Why am I being billed from my old meter after a smart meter exchange?

• 6 September 2019
  • 1 reply

I had elec and gas smart meters installed at the same time in Feb 2018 the elec is sending readings but the gas readings on my bill are from my old gas meter that has been taken out. Can this be rectified by ovo.
icon

Best answer by Eva_OVO 10 September 2019, 13:29

Hey @Bazza - welcome to the forum! :)

it sounds like your smart meter information hasn't been updated on your account, this can take up to 6 weeks after a smart meter has been installed. During this time your account should've been placed on "billing suspension", which stops statements being generated. This gives us enough time to change the meter details so you're not billed incorrectly.

We'll need to get this sorted, I'd recommend getting in touch with us over Facebook or Twitter with your name, DoB and account number. If you don't use social media, email hello@ovoenergy.com.
View original

1 reply

Userlevel 5
Hey @Bazza - welcome to the forum! :)

it sounds like your smart meter information hasn't been updated on your account, this can take up to 6 weeks after a smart meter has been installed. During this time your account should've been placed on "billing suspension", which stops statements being generated. This gives us enough time to change the meter details so you're not billed incorrectly.

We'll need to get this sorted, I'd recommend getting in touch with us over Facebook or Twitter with your name, DoB and account number. If you don't use social media, email hello@ovoenergy.com.