Solved

What can I do if the meter board (outside) is broken?

• 24 November 2019
  • 1 reply

What do you do if the outside Meter is broken? I have called 105 and they state that there's a fault & it is the responsibility of the Provider (Ovo) to fix. Ovo don't work at the weekends and there is absolutely no emergency help

icon

Best answer by Nancy_OVO 25 November 2019, 16:03

Hi @Warmwithovo,

I’m not sure which part you’re referring to as your title initially said ‘board’ and the post mentions the ‘outside meter’.

If the meter itself is broken, OVO can fix this. Please call the team on 0330 303 5063 to arrange.

If its the board on which the meter is mounted, this is the responsibility of the DNO (Distribution Network Operator) to maintain. You can find out who your DNO is here.

If its a box that the meter is in, then this is considered part of the fabric of the property, and is up to the homeowner to repair/replace.

Hope this helps!

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Hi @Warmwithovo,

I’m not sure which part you’re referring to as your title initially said ‘board’ and the post mentions the ‘outside meter’.

If the meter itself is broken, OVO can fix this. Please call the team on 0330 303 5063 to arrange.

If its the board on which the meter is mounted, this is the responsibility of the DNO (Distribution Network Operator) to maintain. You can find out who your DNO is here.

If its a box that the meter is in, then this is considered part of the fabric of the property, and is up to the homeowner to repair/replace.

Hope this helps!