Solved

My smart meter couldn't be installed becasue the traditional meter is too old and has asbestos fuses - what should I do now?

• 30 October 2018
  • 2 replies

I arranged for smart meters to be installed. great. engineer really good and helpful. Couldn't fit
electric due to meter being too old - asbestos fuses. was told that Scottish Power would contact me in order to change meter. Still waiting , no correspondence, no contact by phone, how do I find out what is happening
icon

Best answer by Eva_OVO 1 November 2018, 12:05

Hey @andycornerpost,

It sounds like Scottish Power Energy Networks are your DNO (Distribution Network Operator), so the engineer would have told them about the asbestos fuses. Scottish Power will aim to contact you when they can arrange to resolve this. At the moment there's no time frame for this. If we've raised an asbestos query with the DNO they will have it on a reference list

It's an industry wide issue so we're working on a solution, but at the moment no one can work on it

As @Mw2870 mentioned, it's still best to get in touch so we can make sure this has been raised with the DNO correctly.

Eva
View original

2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +2
Hi @andycornerpost, welcome to the forum!

Are ScottishPower Energy Networks the distribution network operator for your address?
Maybe the best bet is to get in touch with OVO first and see if they know what is going on.
You can email (hello@ovoenergy.com) or contact them on social media.
Userlevel 4
Hey @andycornerpost,

It sounds like Scottish Power Energy Networks are your DNO (Distribution Network Operator), so the engineer would have told them about the asbestos fuses. Scottish Power will aim to contact you when they can arrange to resolve this. At the moment there's no time frame for this. If we've raised an asbestos query with the DNO they will have it on a reference list

It's an industry wide issue so we're working on a solution, but at the moment no one can work on it

As @Mw2870 mentioned, it's still best to get in touch so we can make sure this has been raised with the DNO correctly.

Eva

Cookie policy

We use cookies to enhance and personalize your experience. If you accept you agree to our full cookie policy. Learn more about our cookies.

Accept cookies Cookie settings