Solved

My old electricity meter is buzzing

Hello, I have an old 'disc' style electricity meter, that buzzes very loudly.

I have two questions:

Can OVO replace it with a new one?
Or
Would a smart meter installation remove the old buzzing meter?

Thanks

Dan
icon

Best answer by Transparent 24 April 2018, 18:16

Welcome to the Forum @dan_k,

I think you're right:- the logical answer is to request a Smart Meter and the buzzing gets eradicated by default!

If you have a mobile phone, just hold it near the existing meter to see if you can get a signal. It's not a thorough test, but it will give you a rough idea if the existing meter position will be able to support the smart wireless communications link.

I can't tell from looking at your Forum Profile if you also have gas from OVO. If so, then you'll presumably want both meters upgraded at the same time.

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +2
Welcome to the Forum @dan_k,

I think you're right:- the logical answer is to request a Smart Meter and the buzzing gets eradicated by default!

If you have a mobile phone, just hold it near the existing meter to see if you can get a signal. It's not a thorough test, but it will give you a rough idea if the existing meter position will be able to support the smart wireless communications link.

I can't tell from looking at your Forum Profile if you also have gas from OVO. If so, then you'll presumably want both meters upgraded at the same time.

Cookie policy

We use cookies to enhance and personalize your experience. If you accept you agree to our full cookie policy. Learn more about our cookies.

Accept cookies Cookie settings