Solved

My gas supply was capped ahead of OVO fitting a meter - what do I do when no one shows up?

• 1 November 2018
  • 1 reply

So A man from northern gas network came this morning and capped my gas pipe, the previous tenant had rigged the gas and took off the meter, the man from northern gas then tells me to ring ovo my gas provider to get an engineer out to fit a meter, i do this and I get told the engineer will be here before half 12, half 12 comes I ring again and get told the engineer is on his way so I say no problem, 8 calls later been hung up on twice the engineer still has not arrived, I get told at 2.30pm that someone will be there by half 4 so i say ok, Half 4 comes still no engineer so I ring and am on hold for 30mins to then be told the company who was sending the engineer is now closed, Ive had no gas supply for 4 days now and I am not happy, is this usual for ovo? Is there anything I can do about it?
icon

Best answer by ITGeek123 3 November 2018, 22:31

@coxonnn

I thought it was a legal requirement for a house to be provided gas? Especially for the winter?

In all fairness, this isn't an OVO issue the engineer didn't arrive. It is the engineers fault for not being able to balance his work load. Obviously, it isn't fair for you as the customer to be waiting in all day. I would recommend you call OVO again and ask for an engineer to arrive at your house first thing in the morning: 0330 303 5063

Also, Are you living in a rented home? If so, it is down to the landlord to get your gas back on as I mentioned above I am sure it's a legal requirement for you to have gas for heating especially coming winter.
View original

1 reply

Userlevel 6
Badge +1
@coxonnn

I thought it was a legal requirement for a house to be provided gas? Especially for the winter?

In all fairness, this isn't an OVO issue the engineer didn't arrive. It is the engineers fault for not being able to balance his work load. Obviously, it isn't fair for you as the customer to be waiting in all day. I would recommend you call OVO again and ask for an engineer to arrive at your house first thing in the morning: 0330 303 5063

Also, Are you living in a rented home? If so, it is down to the landlord to get your gas back on as I mentioned above I am sure it's a legal requirement for you to have gas for heating especially coming winter.