Solved

How do I chase up compensation for being off supply for so long?

• 29 January 2020
  • 3 replies

had no gas at Christmas due to fault that effect thousands of us gas was of for days, informed we would get reimbursed for inconvenience seems a lot of people have already been reimbursed however I have not would like to know what happens phoned OVO today who said they have given payment out however I have no received a thing and now tell me to contact Scottish gas, which I don't understand when OVO is my supplier    

icon

Best answer by Tim_OVO 29 January 2020, 16:28

Thanks for flagging this, @mgarai 

I’m not sure of the specifics here. Compensation can be given out for a variety of reasons. 

For example if it’s an issue that needs fixing by your supplier, there’s time frames in place which (if exceeded) justify compensation. For anyone else seeing this, I believe it’s anything 24 hours for compensation to be paid. Email us if you think you’re owed this: hello@ovoenergy.com. 

In your case, it might be the National Grid that is making compensation. It depends on the issue.

If you’ve already called us today and had no luck, I’d recommend giving the National Grid a call when you can. If they confirm it’s the supplier that needs to issue this, please email us so we can make sure this is sent to you: hello@ovoenergy.com. 

Let us know the latest when you know :)

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

Thanks for flagging this, @mgarai 

I’m not sure of the specifics here. Compensation can be given out for a variety of reasons. 

For example if it’s an issue that needs fixing by your supplier, there’s time frames in place which (if exceeded) justify compensation. For anyone else seeing this, I believe it’s anything 24 hours for compensation to be paid. Email us if you think you’re owed this: hello@ovoenergy.com. 

In your case, it might be the National Grid that is making compensation. It depends on the issue.

If you’ve already called us today and had no luck, I’d recommend giving the National Grid a call when you can. If they confirm it’s the supplier that needs to issue this, please email us so we can make sure this is sent to you: hello@ovoenergy.com. 

Let us know the latest when you know :)

Thanks Tim I will do that yes the gas was of for approx 5 days do with a power fault or something

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Hey @mgarai 

Sounds like the Gas Transporter are the ones who’ll be paying out in this instance. They’ll send the information to us and we’ll add the credit to your account. This can take 4 to 6 weeks.

Cheers