Solved

Can you provide a 3-phase meter?

• 17 October 2019
  • 3 replies

My house has a 3-phase supply but currently only one phase is metered and used (the other two phases terminate at the main supply fuses).  I’m refurbing the house and will need a peak supply >100A once I’ve installed electric shower, water heaters, space heaters, kitchen appliances, EV charging etc, even when taking diversity into account. (Electric-only house in the country, no gas, oil etc available.)

Can OVO provide a 3-phase meter as a replacement for my single phase meter?  I’m not bothered about a smart meter (I’ve read the other posts that these aren’t available anyway).

The circuits will split quite nicely into three groups.

Thanks.

icon

Best answer by Nancy_OVO 6 November 2019, 17:38

Hi @BigBulge,

Sorry for the delayed response here!

We can indeed provide a 3 phase meter - it costs £325 to upgrade or downgrade between single phase and 3 phase. Any alterations to the supply itself would need to be made before we exchange the meter.

Hope this helps!

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Hi @BigBulge,

Sorry for the delayed response here!

We can indeed provide a 3 phase meter - it costs £325 to upgrade or downgrade between single phase and 3 phase. Any alterations to the supply itself would need to be made before we exchange the meter.

Hope this helps!

Hi Nancy,

Thank you for answering my query.

I’ll also be needing the meter moving location, and will arrange for the DNO to move the supply cables.  Can the move of the meter itself be included in the £325 upgrade charge?

Thanks.

Userlevel 5
Badge

You need a separate appointment, @BigBulge, to move the meter and it would incur a separate charge, more info here

Thanks!