Solved

Can I get my gas meter relocated?

• 23 April 2019
  • 4 replies

Hi to All.

After a long conversation with British GAS about relocating the gas meter, the answer was NO, even if I need the meter to be moved from the right side of the all to the left side only. And, all these is under 10 inch long. They said is free to move 1m to the right and 1m above, but not to moved on a different wall. This seems a bit ridiculous and without commonsense.
To pay 1500 pounds sounds a bit crazy.

Is there any other way to sort this out.?

I am willing to pay some money, but not that weird price.

Please see the photos attached. GAS meter to be moved from right to the left. Even the main gas pipe has an extension to do that.
icon

Best answer by Eva_OVO 24 April 2019, 17:32

Hey @Valy,

If you want the meter moved to a different wall or outside you'll need to contact the National Grid. They'll quote a price to move the supply.

Do we supply your gas? If we do, you'll also need to arrange for one of our engineers to move the meter on the same day. Our time frame for the appointments in 17 working days. It's better to arrange for the National Grid to come out in the morning, then we can come in the afternoon.

You'll need to make a payment of £145 to us before we can book the appointment - this is in addition of what the National Grid may charge.

@PeterR1947 have you got any experience of this? 🙂
View original

4 replies

Userlevel 4
Hey @Valy,

If you want the meter moved to a different wall or outside you'll need to contact the National Grid. They'll quote a price to move the supply.

Do we supply your gas? If we do, you'll also need to arrange for one of our engineers to move the meter on the same day. Our time frame for the appointments in 17 working days. It's better to arrange for the National Grid to come out in the morning, then we can come in the afternoon.

You'll need to make a payment of £145 to us before we can book the appointment - this is in addition of what the National Grid may charge.

@PeterR1947 have you got any experience of this? 🙂
HI.
Thanks for the reply.
I am with British gas.
I will get in touch with NG.

Valy
Well, I have called National Grid. Not much of a help.
They charge 1500 pounds.

😣😮🤐
Userlevel 2
Badge
@Valy ouch!

Cookie policy

We use cookies to enhance and personalize your experience. If you accept you agree to our full cookie policy. Learn more about our cookies.

Accept cookies Cookie settings