Solved

The consequences of clearing settings...

• 29 January 2020
  • 1 reply

I think I've done something stupid on my very first day of having an IHD. I was wandering around the Settings menu, found a Wi-fi option and turned it on. Then I bumbled around the wi-fi menu branch among stuff about joining a network and pressing the router WPS button etc. I didn't actually join a network, but couldn't find the option to switch wi-fi back off, so I selected to clear all the settings, and let it restart. Only after *that* did I find the 'wi-fi off' command again, and used it.

At least the wi-fi bar graph isn't showing on the home screen as it was during my 'wi-fi setup' time. But I'm concerned that clearing the settings might have loused up something else unrelated. Do you think that's the case?

Of course, I’m assuming that I *shouldn’t* turn it on and add it to my home network. It’s kept close to my electricity meter so I’m sure it has enough comms to do its job, and the installer didn’t mention anything about using my home wi-fi.

The box has this model number on it, if that helps: IHD3-CAD-PPMID CA30401

icon

Best answer by SR3 30 January 2020, 08:53

@carterbrandon of you have factory reset your meter then it may have lost communication with your meter.

You will probs need to contact OVO so the IHD can be linked to your meters again

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 3

@carterbrandon of you have factory reset your meter then it may have lost communication with your meter.

You will probs need to contact OVO so the IHD can be linked to your meters again