Solved

Why is the tariff rate on my IHD incorrect?

• Savvy**
  • 3 replies
The standing charge and kWh rate on my Chameleon IHD are higher than my account tariffs . My Account tariffs are correct, any way to correct the IHD display? Thanks.
icon

Best answer by ITGeek123 8 October 2018, 16:16

@MickG

Hopefully this helps your issue.

https://forum.ovoenergy.com/ihd-in-home-displays-64/pipit-500-in-home-display-ihd-showing-incorrect-prices-why-329

Credit goes to @Darran_OVO

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +1
Hi @MickG

Have you tried restarting the smart meter display by turning it off and on again to see if this will help re-sync.

Thanks
Matt
Hi Matt, thanks for your response. I turned off the smart metre for 30 mins but unfortunately the readings are still incorrect. They are as follows; actual standing charge is 23.50p per day per fuel. The IHD display reads 28.77p .Actual electric charge = 11.93 kWh, display = 14.53. Actual gas change = 2.62 kWh, display = 3.19.
Userlevel 6
Badge +1
@MickG

Ah dude, I am sorry that didn't work. In my profession that normally works when I ask customers to do that haha. Ok, the best thing to do would be to speak with OVO amazing customer service. I would advice you give them a call on 0330 303 5063
Userlevel 6
Badge +1
@MickG

Hopefully this helps your issue.

https://forum.ovoenergy.com/ihd-in-home-displays-64/pipit-500-in-home-display-ihd-showing-incorrect-prices-why-329

Credit goes to @Darran_OVO
Hi, just a quick update for other members future reference. After following the link in the previous post I sent a DM to the ovo Facebook site which was picked up within an hour by Emma and my problem has now been resolved.
Great, only problem is that because I contacted ovo to resolve the issue I think that I have now lost my duel fuel discount for this quarter according to the new rules regarding the payment of the discount.
I think this very unfair unless the powers that be agree that I was reporting a fault in which case my discount remains on my account.
Userlevel 6
Badge +2
MickG wrote:

only problem is that because I contacted ovo to resolve the issue I think that I have now lost my duel fuel discount for this quarter according to the new rules regarding the payment of the discount. I think this very unfair unless the powers that be agree that I was reporting a fault in which case my discount remains on my account.

@MickG there was no credible way for you to "self-serve" this problem via the website, so I don't think you should lose your discount. Check your next statement and contest it if you do.
Like most websites OVO Energy uses cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies on this site. Accept and Close