Solved

Why is my new In Home Display now in Welsh?

• 9 August 2019
  • 7 replies

Have recently switched to Ovo and just had our first smart meter installed with a Chameleon monitor. The monitor was fine for maybe 3 days and now everything is in Welsh, the settings button just gives one liners in Welsh. Have unplugged, switched off and on, everything is still in Welsh. Really impressed with Ovo....NOT! How do we get this sorted!
icon

Best answer by Barnabee 10 August 2019, 12:25

Try this from the main menu

1. Press the 'OK' button at the bottom of the In-Home Display, and then the right arrow button until you see "Gosodiadau Wedi anfon yr".

2. Press OK. This takes you to settings.

3. Press the right button until you see "Dewis iaith Wedi anfon yr". (If this doesn't work, you may need to try the next option, 'Clirio Gosodidau Wedi anfon yr".)

4. Press OK.

5. Select English on the left, by pressing the left arrow, then "OK".
View original

7 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge
Try this from the main menu

1. Press the 'OK' button at the bottom of the In-Home Display, and then the right arrow button until you see "Gosodiadau Wedi anfon yr".

2. Press OK. This takes you to settings.

3. Press the right button until you see "Dewis iaith Wedi anfon yr". (If this doesn't work, you may need to try the next option, 'Clirio Gosodidau Wedi anfon yr".)

4. Press OK.

5. Select English on the left, by pressing the left arrow, then "OK".
Cheers! that worked!
Userlevel 5
Badge
Welcome to the forum, @VictorZ, this was a glitch that effected some of our customers, glad to hear you're all sorted. Good work @Barnabee, perfect answer!

😊
The above instructions aren’t working for me as my IHD seems to be in a different part of settings so I can’t get to the instructions above arghhhh I’ve probably pressed too many buttons and now can’t get to the main menu? Can anyone help me get to the main setting menu?
when I press ok I see this - Gwybodaeth cyfrif %s yr
if I press right arrow once I see this - Ddim neves %s yr ychwanegiad
Press right arrow twice - Gosodiadau %s yr ychwanegiad
and 3 times - Gwybodaeth mesurydd %s yr
i seems to stuck in account settings for changing % savings and can’t get to main settings menu to change back to English, so if anyone can help I’d be really grateful
thank you
Userlevel 3
Badge
Try this. Instructions need following exactly.

Press HOME once
Press OK once
Press RIGHT ARROW twice
Press OK once

Press RIGHT ARROW seven times
Press OK once
Press LEFT ARROW once
Press OK once
Press HOME once

You should now have English
fantastic, worked perfectly
thank you so much, really appreciate your help