Solved

Why is my In Home Display (IHD) beeping?

Userlevel 1
I’ve unplugged my smart meter because it keeps beeping!!!! I know it’s meant to let you know when your using energy, but it’s not even him up to the budget and it beeps!!! So annoying!!! Please help!!!
icon

Best answer by Heidi 11 October 2018, 20:54

Hi it’s the top One, I reset the budget and definitely haven’t gone over it!! I think I may have solved it, I’ve moved it out of the front room to the other end of the house :)

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +2
Hi @Heidi,

Welcome to the forum. Do you mean you have unplugged the IHD (In Home Display)?

Does it look something like this:

or this:

Let us now which one you have and we may be able to help!
Userlevel 6
Badge +2
If you have the 1st type, it may be that you have gone over the budget set on the IHD.

You can adjust the budgets by pressing the OK button to access the main menu. Here you'll have an account information section (including your meter balance, tariff and standing charge) - the second section 'Adjust settings' is the one you'll need.

Here you have two options , you can pick "set a budget", you will need to do this for both has and Electricity. You could try setting them to higher values?
Userlevel 1
Hi it’s the top One, I reset the budget and definitely haven’t gone over it!! I think I may have solved it, I’ve moved it out of the front room to the other end of the house :)
Userlevel 6
Badge +2
I'm glad that you got it to stop beeping @Heidi and thank you for letting us know the solution. It will probably help someone in the future with the same issue.
Like most websites OVO Energy uses cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies on this site. Accept and Close