Solved

Why is my IHD flashing intermittently?

• 2 October 2019
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 2
I D.H.flashing usage intermittently.D Higgs.
icon

Best answer by Transparent 6 October 2019, 20:30

Hi. If your Smart Meters were only installed last week, then the off-site part of the commissioning process will still be happening.

There's a lot of tests that are done. Once these are completed, OVO will send your correct tariff information to the meter. Until then the costs shown on your IHD are unlikely to be correct.

You will know that the commissioning has been completed successfully because you will see the daily smart readings when you visit your My OVO page.
View original

7 replies

Userlevel 2
Indicating light not lit.Advice please.D Higgs.
Userlevel 5
The IHD may not be connected correctly, @Derek Higgs, can you send us a photo of your device please?
Userlevel 2
Initially it was working ok,AT the moment the usage indicator,green amber,and red is not lighting when cooker and other appliances are on.Advice please.D Higgs.
Userlevel 5
Badge
Would you be able to pop us a photo please, @Derek Higgs?

@Transparent, @Barnabee any thoughts?

Cheers!
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Let's just confirm please that the "fault" is only visible on the IHD. Can we assume, @Derek Higgs, that you are actually getting gas and electricity, and that you aren't reporting anything wrong with the Smart Meters themselves?

For peace of mind, I've uploaded a flashy graphic here, which shows the normal indicator flash pattern on your Communications Hub, which sits on top of the SMETS2 Electricity Meter.

Next, can you please say when your Smart Meters and IHD were installed?

As a fellow-customer, I don't have access to such details about your OVO account.
Userlevel 2
I am receiving power meter installed 6 days ago.All seems wheel on th hid apart from the green amber and red lights.Thanks D Higgs.Hi
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hi. If your Smart Meters were only installed last week, then the off-site part of the commissioning process will still be happening.

There's a lot of tests that are done. Once these are completed, OVO will send your correct tariff information to the meter. Until then the costs shown on your IHD are unlikely to be correct.

You will know that the commissioning has been completed successfully because you will see the daily smart readings when you visit your My OVO page.