Solved

Why is my gas meter reading repeating itself?

• 28 April 2018
  • 1 reply

We had a smart meter installed a month ago with the Chameleon IHD3/CAD. Our tariff isn't yet displaying on the online usage page, but I record daily readings of both electricity and gas.
The electricity readings appear OK but for gas the reading for 2 days before always shows the same as the previous day. On the third day it reverts to the original reading. In the record below the date the reading was taken is along the top and the date to which the reading refers is down the side.

In addition the record on the online usage page does not match the IHD readings.
Is this related to the account not being fully registered or is there a problem that I should be concerned about.
icon

Best answer by Nancy_OVO 30 April 2018, 14:37

We had a smart meter installed a month ago with the Chameleon IHD3/CAD. Our tariff isn't yet displaying on the online usage page, but I record daily readings of both electricity and gas.
The electricity readings appear OK but for gas the reading for 2 days before always shows the same as the previous day. On the third day it reverts to the original reading. In the record below the date the reading was taken is along the top and the date to which the reading refers is down the side.

In addition the record on the online usage page does not match the IHD readings.
Is this related to the account not being fully registered or is there a problem that I should be concerned about.

Hi @Bushy,

That's got me scratching my head to be honest! I think it'd be worth someone having a look at your account to see what's going on here. Send the team a message on Facebook or Twitter with your account number, full name and DoB and they'll be able to look into this.

Cheers,
Nancy
View original

1 reply

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Hi @Bushy,

That's got me scratching my head to be honest! I think it'd be worth someone having a look at your account to see what's going on here. Send the team a message on Facebook or Twitter with your account number, full name and DoB and they'll be able to look into this.

Cheers,
Nancy