Solved

Why has my In Home Display (IHD) turned to Welsh?

• 30 September 2019
  • 7 replies

My my smart metre started bleeping then all this funny writing came up at the bottom of the screen and then it turns itself into Welsh from English
And and as I don't speak Welsh I can't understand or how to get it back to saying English words
icon

Best answer by Darran_OVO 2 October 2019, 16:17

Updated on 03/08/20: there’s another topic on this issue here

@Gardiner

while I was waiting for you to confirm, I have done some digging and found that the IHD can be changed to welsh! I'm not sure why it beeped (maybe power was interupted), but here are the instructions to change it back:

• On main screen press ok.
  • Press right arrow twice to get to 'Gosodiadau [iawn]' press ok
  • Press right arrow 8 times to get to 'Dewis iaith [iawn]' press ok
  • Press left arrow once and press ok at '(English) Cymraeg'
  • Press home button to return to main screen

Hopefully this will sort it for you, if not or you have any other queries, let us know.

Darran

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Hi @Gardiner this does sound odd....

Assume you are referring to the IHD? As the in the display you have in your home to show your energy use?

If you can confirm we can try and help understand what's happened!

Darran
Userlevel 7

Updated on 03/08/20: there’s another topic on this issue here

@Gardiner

while I was waiting for you to confirm, I have done some digging and found that the IHD can be changed to welsh! I'm not sure why it beeped (maybe power was interupted), but here are the instructions to change it back:

• On main screen press ok.
  • Press right arrow twice to get to 'Gosodiadau [iawn]' press ok
  • Press right arrow 8 times to get to 'Dewis iaith [iawn]' press ok
  • Press left arrow once and press ok at '(English) Cymraeg'
  • Press home button to return to main screen

Hopefully this will sort it for you, if not or you have any other queries, let us know.

Darran

Thank you Darran
I will try this tomorrow .I will let you know .
Thank you Daran
Just done what you said in the e.mail
Big thank you
..just one more thing. How do you read a message when it comes up on the screen
Userlevel 7
Badge +2
To receive a customer-message on an IHD:
  • press OK
  • press one of the arrows until you reach Messages
  • press OK to read
There are other "system messages" which can appear on the actual meter itself. So don't be too worried if your SMETS2 electricity meter menus suggest there is a message, but your IHD doesn't!
HI Darran
None of the coloured lights at the bottom of the IHD. Do not light up when using gas and electricity .
So I turned it off ,but now none of the symbols on the touch screen do not respond ..Hope you can help me .
Your A Gardiner
Userlevel 7

None of the coloured lights at the bottom of the IHD. Do not light up when using gas and electricity .
So I turned it off ,but now none of the symbols on the touch screen do not respond ..Hope you can help me .

Hmmm we might need to diagnose this, with access to your account and the back-end smart meter programme. Could you call us next time you have a few minutes spare at home: 0330 303 5063