Solved

Why does the language on my Chameleon IHD appear to be Welsh?

• 19 January 2019
  • 6 replies

The language is in what appears to be Welsh, is there a way to change this?
And there's no signal showing at all on the device, not for wan or to the meter.
I think it's showing usage for the past few days I guess, as I don't understand Welsh it's hard to tell!
Hoping someone can help.
icon

Best answer by direhi9637 1 August 2020, 11:31

Updated 03/08/20 - there’s another topic on this here.

The language on my Chameleon Type 1 in-home display from Bulb Energy reverted to Welsh for no apparent reason.  I fixed it with assistance from Google translate…

To change the language to English:

1. Push the home / house button.
  2. Push “OK” button for the menu
  3. Push the right arrow (-->) until you see “Gosodiadau [iawn]”
  4. Push “OK”
  5. Push the right arrow (-->) until you see “Dewis iaith [iawn]”
  6. Push “OK”
  7. Push the right arrow (-->) once so the display reads “[english] CYMRAEG” (note the brackets “[]” are around English).
  8. Push “OK”
  9. The menu is now set to English language
View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7

The language is in what appears to be Welsh, is there a way to change this?

Updated 21/05/20 - there’s another topic on this here.

I have never heard of this @dazzypops - would love a picture so we can advise more!

I've only ever seen the IHD be in English...

The unit itself is due to be replaced. I believe EDF are sending a new one as this appears to be faulty. It wasn't showing any signs of connectivity at all either.

Updated 03/08/20 - there’s another topic on this here.

The language on my Chameleon Type 1 in-home display from Bulb Energy reverted to Welsh for no apparent reason.  I fixed it with assistance from Google translate…

To change the language to English:

1. Push the home / house button.
  2. Push “OK” button for the menu
  3. Push the right arrow (-->) until you see “Gosodiadau [iawn]”
  4. Push “OK”
  5. Push the right arrow (-->) until you see “Dewis iaith [iawn]”
  6. Push “OK”
  7. Push the right arrow (-->) once so the display reads “[english] CYMRAEG” (note the brackets “[]” are around English).
  8. Push “OK”
  9. The menu is now set to English language
Userlevel 7

This is brilliant to have online, @direhi9637 - now anyone with the same issue can find this question and get your answer to fix it - nice one! :cowboy:

My language has also changed to Welsh. I have tried the steps above but seem to have different Welsh prompts coming up in my menu so have been unable to change back to English. Also my three lights are not working….. 

Userlevel 6

How odd, @Helene, the above info is spot on. It’s going to be best to give the team a call, they’ll be in the best position to help. 

You can reach the team on: 0330 303 5063. Our opening hours are 8am-6pm Monday to Friday.

I hope this helps.