Solved

Why does my electricity usage keep spiking on the Chameleon IHD?

I’ve had my smart meters for about 6 months without any issues however in the last 48 hrs the electric usage keeps spiking. Generally my electric usage is low showing the green light constantly (obviously increases if more electrical units are in use) however recently without any additional devices being turned on, it will fluctuate to Amber several times an hr and my live usage goes from an average 2p per hr up to 8p per hr and it can stay on Amber for a good couple of hours.
What causes this? Im turning obsessed in watching the meter now
icon

Best answer by Vickster75 8 May 2018, 17:39

Well since I posted this over the weekend, it has become apparent that even though I have had smart meters installed for over 6 months ovo hasn’t amended the system at their end and have been estimating my bills for 6 months. You guys are looking into it but my online account is all over the place at the moment. I’ll wait until that is finalised first but I start on this problem
View original

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +2
It’s weird that you’ve mentioned that there isn’t an apparent reasons behind this @Vickster75 as your consumption should only show as it’s increasing if in fact, it is.

Is what’s being displayed on your In Home Display reflecting on your My OVO account too?
Well since I posted this over the weekend, it has become apparent that even though I have had smart meters installed for over 6 months ovo hasn’t amended the system at their end and have been estimating my bills for 6 months. You guys are looking into it but my online account is all over the place at the moment. I’ll wait until that is finalised first but I start on this problem
Userlevel 5
Badge +2
Hmm, this sounds like it could be a connectivity issue like what Brettski78 spoke about here: https://forum.ovoenergy.com/meter-questions-and-readings-72/smart-meter-not-sending-readings-1689.

If it was just that we hadn’t updated your new meter details, then I’m really sorry to hear about this and hope that there would have been a good reason for this delay.

I’m glad to hear things are being moved on now so keep us in the loop with how you get on.