Solved

Why can't the Pipet In Home Display (IHD) show my smart meter readings?

• 23 November 2018
  • 2 replies

I had to have my smart meter removed as it made the meter reading even harder than before! There is no mobile signal where we live, but I had erroneously believed that the smart meter would facilitate meter readings from the comfort of my warm kitchen. Nope. The meter is outside, tucked in a corner in a box that requires force to open, and at ground level. I have arthritis and struggle to read it. The new meter created more challenges though the requirement to press buttons to find the readings hidden in sub menus. Therefore, if smart meters actually projected real readings to the little display and in colour (my display was a disappointing greyscale), they would actually be quite useful.
icon

Best answer by Tim_OVO 26 November 2018, 16:29

if smart meters actually projected real readings to the little display and in colour (my display was a disappointing greyscale), they would actually be quite useful.

I'll step in and help @Kq2018 as it's a good point you make!

That Pipet 500 won't show the readings, I'm sorry to say. If the smart meter isn't in communication with us due to bad phone signal, the meter itself will need to be read! But I'd recommend you sign up to the Priority Services Register. Select the free meter reading engineer visits, and there's no need to get out there to take a reading yourself!

The application for for the Priority Services Register is here
View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +2
if smart meters actually projected real readings to the little display and in colour (my display was a disappointing greyscale), they would actually be quite useful.

I'll step in and help @Kq2018 as it's a good point you make!

That Pipet 500 won't show the readings, I'm sorry to say. If the smart meter isn't in communication with us due to bad phone signal, the meter itself will need to be read! But I'd recommend you sign up to the Priority Services Register. Select the free meter reading engineer visits, and there's no need to get out there to take a reading yourself!

The application for for the Priority Services Register is here
Dear Tim

I didn't know there was such a thing. Thank you, I shall sign up. 🙂