Solved

Why can't I see the hourly usage on my IHD?

The in-house display unit dose not display the hourly usage of either gas or electric over a 24 hour period. This has been the case since installation. The daily weekly information etc display ok. In addition to this the information for the daily usage is also not available on the My OVO web site. I have contacted Ovo over the last 6 weeks but no explanation has been forth coming, the case has been passed on the smart team. I was just wondering if any one has had a similar experience that has been successfuly resolved?
icon

Best answer by Lucy_OVO 4 January 2018, 15:18

Yeah it’s completely gone hasn’t it @Question51! If we changed it so that your data opt in was every half an hour, this might fix it, but it doesn't sound like this might have already been tried. I’d suggest dropping the team a message on Facebook or Twitter (or via phone or email - details can be found here: https://www.ovoenergy.com/ovo-answers).

Have any other users experience something similar and can shed some light on how you got it fixed?

Lucy
View original

21 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +2
The in-house display unit dose not display the hourly usage of either gas or electric over a 24 hour period. This has been the case since installation. The daily weekly information etc display ok. In addition to this the information for the daily usage is also not available on the Myove web site. I have contacted Ovo over the last 6 weeks but no explanation has been forth coming, the case has been passed on the smart team. I was just wondering if any one has had a similar experience that has been successfuly resolved?

Hey Question51,

Tapping on the ‘History’ button on your In Home Display (IHD) tells you how much energy you’ve used over the last 12 months. You can see how much you’ve used each day, week or month, or over the full year.

Once you’ve pressed the ‘History’ button, you can choose between ‘Gas’ or ‘Electricity’. You can then scroll through these screens by pressing ‘Hour’, ‘Day’ etc in the top right corner.

Can you attach some screenshots to your original topic so we can check this out?

Hope this helps!
Lucy
Thank you Lucy for you interest.
I was with ovo a few years ago using the same type of IHD Pipit500 and all worked perfectly ok,but since I came back I have never had hourly info.
Please see attached screen shots IHD all other data display ok other than hourly.
I have looked back at other recent questions and it seems this type of occurrence has been seen by others but only fleetingly. While talking to customer service they toggled the periodicity of the meter reporting from very frequently to just daily then back to frequently in an attempt to sort the issue, but to no avail. As it is both the IHD and the web site that is failing to show the hourly data dose this offer any indication to where the fault may be?
Userlevel 5
Badge +2
Yeah it’s completely gone hasn’t it @Question51! If we changed it so that your data opt in was every half an hour, this might fix it, but it doesn't sound like this might have already been tried. I’d suggest dropping the team a message on Facebook or Twitter (or via phone or email - details can be found here: https://www.ovoenergy.com/ovo-answers).

Have any other users experience something similar and can shed some light on how you got it fixed?

Lucy
Thanks Lucy
Will do as suggested can only live in hope.
My hourly data no longer appears on My Ovo
I get the message "Sorry, there is no data available for this period right now. Please check back again soon"
All other data is there . (This is exactly the same problem as a user called Paul) It's pointless me having a meter to keep my usage under control in the middle of winter if the meter doesn't give me any information ! This has been happening on and off for 2-3 weeks now. Looks like a common problem here.
Userlevel 3
I've noticed since the weekend, that there has been an issue in showing historical data when choosing 'Day', it is coming up showing the following:

Sorry, there is no data available for this period right now.
Please check back again soon

It seems to be taking about 24 hours for data to then appear in the historical section, yet I can't seem to view it as 'Day' but I can see it still as Year, Month and Week.

I know Amazon have recently applied hotfixes to their infrastructure in relation to the recent Meltdown/Spectre vulnerabilities (our work has also been heavily affected by this) and I'm just wondering is this an issue resulting from that?

Realtime data seems to be working fine, so I doubt it's that.

Cheers
Yes, we have the same issue - real time data appears ok, but the rest doesn't seem to be working at all.
Userlevel 6
Badge +4
Hey @Maxjonz, @ErTnEc and @Allyc!

I've moved your comments to this thread where some users are discussing the same issue.

If you're still experiencing this problem (either on the IHD or your online account), send us a PM on Facebook or Twitter with your account number, full name and DoB. Once we've got this information, we can send your accounts to our Tech team. If it's a widespread issue, the more information we have on it and examples of accounts, the faster we can get it fixed.

Hope this helps,
Nancy
I have raised it via Facebook message, as it's still not working
Userlevel 5
Badge +2
Glad to hear you’ve raised this via Facebook, @Allyc. The team will be able to help you with this.

Please feel free to post another comment on this thread once the team have advised what’s causing this and how it will be fixed (or once it’s fixed) as I think other users may benefit from this.

Lucy
This forum is littered with numerous threads relating to IHD,web site not displaying various periods where data is not getting display consistently or not at all. I my self have posted here re above, after first attempting to resolve the matter directly with ovo customer service over the last 6 weeks. During this period I was asked on one occasion to send in pictures of my actual IHD. Did not fully understand to reasoning but I complied, bearing in mind data was also missing from my ovo web graphics as well as IHD. No feed back from customer service further calls to the resulted in a lot of understanding but no resolution to the problem. I am prompted to post once again as after not having any hourly data ever been displayed for either gas or electric but having data for both for all other displaying periods it would appear some progress has been made. I have hourly electric but have lost all past history of my monthly,weekly and daily electric usage off the IHD. Gas has not changed still no hourly but history in tact. The web data has also been lost. The moral of the tale is be careful what you ask for as it would appear every thing comes at a cost. WHAT IS HAPPENING OVO ????? 2 year when I was last with you you were so good.
Userlevel 7
Badge +2
@Question51 something's not right if the data available changes from one day to the next. Have you reached out to the Social Media team yet? You'll get a quicker response to account specific queries then on the forum and I think we need to take a good look at your account, your usage data and these smart meters!

Keep us updated,
Tim
Been jumping through hoops for weeks, I have been PMing on your face book and talking to customer services, not sure who is doing what as even when customer service says they will get back to me they do not. A tec case was raised, what changes they made is any ones guess, all I know lis that the electric is showing hourly in an history is lost. I have advise customer service of the above and all they can say is they will raise a second tec case. Poor customer service when no one ever recontact you.
Userlevel 6
Badge +4
@Question51 that's really not good to hear. Tech cases can take up to 10 working days to be resolved, so this might explain the delay.

Let us know if it's been longer than this,
Nancy
Smart display shows everything, but doesn’t show hourly usage ,
I have just had a Smart meter installed. I had one with my old provider and saved 56% on my yearly bills. As soon as I could after joing OVO I signed up for the meter.

It's been in 7 days.

When I view the IHD I can see the daily costs and I can review the history, although I can not see daily usage in a graphic s to see if I had any spikes.

If I log on to the app, I can the meter information has changed but it's not showing that I've used any electrticy in 7 days. If I log into the main site it's the same.

Can anyone tell me if this is normal?
What level of data should I be able to see on the IHD?
My last meter let you see hourly, daily, weekly, monthly usage/costs...and it was really handy.

Thanks.
Userlevel 7
Badge +2
Have a look at this topic, @Pastanney - a few users have reported something similar.

Can you share a pic of the IHD?

Have a read above @Ljohnson and this page is also worth a look!
Hi,
I recently had two smart meters fitted and was supplied with a Chamelion IHD ( IHD3-CAD / CA 30201).

I opted for half hourly data collection , but cannot find an option to display hourly energy usage.
Daily, weekly, monthly, annual data display works OK
Am I missing something here ?
Help would be appreciated
Thanks
Mikeatwh
Userlevel 7
Badge +2
@Mikeatwh - others have had this issue - was it sorted in the end @Ljohnson @Pastanney ?
No still not working
Userlevel 6
Badge +4
@Mikeatwh - hourly isn't one of the options for data collection I'm afraid.

@Pastanney - I'd advise calling the team if it's still not working (0330 303 5063), and they'll be able to do some troubleshooting with you.