Solved

Where can I find an IHD6 user guide?

• 21 January 2020
  • 3 replies

Where will I find instructions for the Chameleon IHD6? Instructions in this forum are for the old version of the IHD.

The tutorial on the IHD is not very helpful and impossible to read and set the system too.

Also how do I get my IHD6 to join the network? It has been attempting to do so for 24hrs and keeps timing out. 

icon

Best answer by Eva_OVO 21 January 2020, 16:41

Hey @joharper,

This is the newest model of IHD’s we’re sending out to all customers with new SMETS2 meter installs. At the moment we haven’t got a user guide available, but as soon as we do we’ll be sure to add it here! :)

You’ll need to call the team on 0330 303 5063 to join the network they need to open it for you, they’re available Monday-Friday 8am-6pm. 

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 5

Hey @joharper,

This is the newest model of IHD’s we’re sending out to all customers with new SMETS2 meter installs. At the moment we haven’t got a user guide available, but as soon as we do we’ll be sure to add it here! :)

You’ll need to call the team on 0330 303 5063 to join the network they need to open it for you, they’re available Monday-Friday 8am-6pm. 

Dear OVO,

My request for updated instructions for the IHD6 was made over one month ago. and OVO have been rolling these new IHDs out for months, so I really do think you should have posted instructions and troubleshooting guidance specifically for these devices by now!

My new IHD6 arrived last month after months of waiting (caused allegedly by a national shortage of functioning IHDs). The IHD6 worked fine until yesterday when it stopped displaying any data. I reset using instructions for the old IHD, by holding down the on/off switch for 5 secs, unplugging and waiting for one minute. Replugging and switching on. No joy.  Now it keeps timing out, shutting down and restarting but will not connect or display data. 

In the absence of a manual and troubleshooting guidance for this device, how is this fixed?

Thanks

Jo

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Hi @joharper,

As Eva mentioned above, you’ll need to call the team on 0330 303 5063 to troubleshoot this issue.

Thanks