Solved

When is the new 'Chameleon' In Home Display (IHD) being made available?

Show first post

56 replies

Userlevel 1
I see some data has come back but it looks like funny data to me, having quite a few days the exact same output and when you look at the other data you see actually only 1 day is used.
Im told that correct data is reaching OVO but thats no good to me.
If you'd like to send me the newer IHD rather than the pipit500 then maybe i could get the data from that rather than the website.?
Userlevel 2
Personally I think the IHD is an interesting device for about 5 minutes and then is not worth bothering with anymore. What I really want is a simple method for downloading the real time usage from the website (csv file?). Currently I have to manually record usage into a spreadsheet.
This device is so useless I am wondering if (when?) I can get an update. Even if I need to buy it. My pipit defaults to showing just the est annual bill for electricity (we don't have gas). This is a pretty useless figure and doesn't agree with the Ovo estimate when you log on. Some of the other pages are a bit more interesting but time out back to the useless estimate in a couple of minutes. Now I have solar I would also really like to see the export figure but of course it doesn't show that. I have heard some people have a more useful display but don't know how to get it...
Userlevel 5
Badge +2
Hey @Bluebeard06 - I've moved your query over to an existing topic on IHDs. Please take a look at Darran's 'best answer' for more information. ^Emily
Emily_OVO wrote:

Hey @Bluebeard06 - I've moved your query over to an existing topic on IHDs. Please take a look at Darran's 'best answer' for more information. ^Emily

Emily, the “best answer” is from a trial that was running over a year ago. Is there any official OVO update to this?

Thanks
Userlevel 4
Badge
Hey @MadArgy. We're currently providing the new Chameleon IHD with all new installations of smart meters, and as replacements for any faulty Pipit IHDs. Due to stock levels, we can't replace all existing working Pipits with a new Chameleon right now.
Like most websites OVO Energy uses cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies on this site. Accept and Close