Solved

What is the pin number for my Pipit In Home Display (IHD)?

• 9 January 2018
  • 1 reply

Hi, I have moved house and I want to read the meter but I have no pin, how do I get a new pin and get the meter brought up to date? It is still showing the previous owners value of usage for gas and electric. Thanks

icon

Best answer by Nancy_OVO 9 January 2018, 13:08

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 5

Updated on 15/12/22 by Emmanuelle_OVO

Welcome to your new house and to OVO! 

We’ve got some great advice to setting up your OVO account here:

Great to see you’re already keen to get your Pipit IHD up and running. You shouldn’t need to enter a PIN code as this would only be needed for removing the device from the network. If your IHD is asking for a PIN code it could be that the device is having connection issues. If so, try moving it closer to the electricity smart meter and turn the device off and on again.

The Pipit home screen will show an ‘Estimated Bill’ cost for each supply. This figure  doesn’t necessarily reset when you set-up a new account. It'll provide a running total of all the usage costs since the meters were installed, or since the prices changed. You can find how to view more useful usage information for this IHD on our guide here-

For the most up-to date usage data, we’d recommend setting your meters to send us a reading every half an hour (reach out to the Support Team if you’d like us to update your reading schedule) and checking out the usage graphs on your online account or OVO app (download for Android or iOS).

This advice relates to the Pipit IHD. If you have a Chameleon IHD see your S1 IHD guide or S2 IHD  guide.

OVO member but not got a smart meter yet? - Book today!

Interested but not yet an OVO member? - Check out our plans!