Solved

What code do I need for the Pipit 500 In Home Display (IHD)?

• 22 April 2018
  • 4 replies

how do I access my account on my pipit I keep putting the code in but keeps telling me its the wrong code I can't find another code that fits in .
icon

Best answer by Lucy_OVO 23 April 2018, 13:38

Hey Coldye,

If the In Home Display (IHD) is asking for a PIN code it could be that the device thinks it is trying to be removed from the network. If so, it may automatically bring up the prompt for a PIN. If this is the case try moving closer to the electricity meter and reset the IHD.

If you've accidentally clicked on the Wi-Fi symbol it'll ask for a PIN.

Lucy

Updated on 12/07/2019
View original

4 replies

Userlevel 1
Having misplaced the manual for my Pipit 500 device I thought I would download a copy from the 'Net.
To my surprise the displays in this manual were nothing like those on my Pipit, and the PIN quoted in the manual just prompted an "Invalid code" error message.
Did OVO give out different versions of the Pipit, or are there different versions of the embedded code with different PINs?
Userlevel 5
Badge +2
Hey Coldye,

If the In Home Display (IHD) is asking for a PIN code it could be that the device thinks it is trying to be removed from the network. If so, it may automatically bring up the prompt for a PIN. If this is the case try moving closer to the electricity meter and reset the IHD.

If you've accidentally clicked on the Wi-Fi symbol it'll ask for a PIN.

Lucy

Updated on 12/07/2019
Userlevel 5
Badge +2
@Jeremy_T - I hope that you find this topic useful. If you need a guide on the Pipit 500 interface, please check out https://www.ovoenergy.com/help/in-home-display-troubleshooting.

Lucy
Userlevel 1
Thanks for that Lucy - almost as good as finding the manual!