Solved

Smart meter display was not left on install, how do I get one?

• 19 July 2019
  • 4 replies

Hi all,

First post!

Nice chap from OVO installed gas and electric smart meters last week, but had run out of the in home displays. Said he'd place an order for one but I haven't heard anything since. Meters are reading fine as far as I can see from the OVO app, but to get the full benefit of the upgraded meters I'd still like to have the display unit.

We get the monthly self service discount and when you call OVO it warns that you'll lose this unless you use the app to solve your query... Can't find anything on there about this query so reaching out to the forum in case you have any further advice.

Cheers,
Apollo
icon

Best answer by Barnabee 20 July 2019, 13:44

Exactly the same happened to me. Best thing to speed things up is to email hello@ovoenergy.com and include your account number, full name and DOB.

Explain you have yet to receive your IHD as promised following the install of your meters. Menttion which type of meters you have (probably SMETS2).

You will not lose your self service reward. Hopefully in 5 to 10 working days an IHD will be pushed through your letter box. Simply ring the number in the letter with the IHD (not the 0800 one as it doesn't work) and OVO will configure it from their end.

Then if you are like me you will have a wonderful paperweight that does little until your accounts are sorted out. I am almost at the 6 week stage and all mine does is tell me the time and that it is waiting for current data.
View original

4 replies

I waited a long time before accepting smart meters for both gas and electricity because I wanted the Smart 2 version. Both fitted on June 27 but the indoor display unit appears to be out of stock. After 3 weeks I decided to email OVO being aware I might loose the £15.00 quarterly benefit because such contact disallows such communication. I feel hood winked. Any others had this problem? If so how was the matter resolved?
Thanks in anticipation of someone responding.
Philip Norrington
Userlevel 3
Badge
Exactly the same happened to me. Best thing to speed things up is to email hello@ovoenergy.com and include your account number, full name and DOB.

Explain you have yet to receive your IHD as promised following the install of your meters. Menttion which type of meters you have (probably SMETS2).

You will not lose your self service reward. Hopefully in 5 to 10 working days an IHD will be pushed through your letter box. Simply ring the number in the letter with the IHD (not the 0800 one as it doesn't work) and OVO will configure it from their end.

Then if you are like me you will have a wonderful paperweight that does little until your accounts are sorted out. I am almost at the 6 week stage and all mine does is tell me the time and that it is waiting for current data.
Userlevel 5
Badge
Welcome to the forum @Apollo13 and thanks for stepping in giving some top advise @Barnabee ☺

I have edited the title of your post, just to make it easier for other users to find.

Here is our contact info:

You can send us a message on Facebook, Twitter or email the team on hello@ovoenergy.com, or give them a call. You can reach our Customer Care team 9-5 Monday-Friday on 0330 30 5063.

Hope this helps!
Userlevel 5
Badge
Welcome to the forum @philip8823, sorry about the delayed response, the above thread will have all the info you need.

Your Self Service Reward would not be at stake in these circumstances.

Thanks!