Solved

Smart IHD stopped working 10 mins after install, why?

• 31 August 2019
  • 9 replies

What a great smart meter NOT. just had it installed all working fine ten minutes after the engineer left the IHD went crazy and now all its saying now waiting for current data. I should have just keep my old meter at least it worked.

so is it a record that the IHD only worked for just over ten minutes.

can any one beat ten minutes
icon

Best answer by Amy_OVO 2 September 2019, 15:23

Sorry to hear your IHD stopped working so soon after install, @spencer67, @Barnabee is right there is a firmware update due for SMETS2 meters that should fix all issues.

If I'm off the mark here and you have a 1st generation smart meter please reach out to our team. (I tweaked the title of your post to help other users)

You can send us a message on Facebook, Twitter or email the team on hello@ovoenergy.com, or give them a call. You can reach our Customer Care team 9-5 Monday-Friday on 0330 303 5063.

Cheers!
View original

9 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge
Welcome to the WFCD club spencer67. It's not an elite club though, there are lots of us who are playing the waiting game.

Technically 10 minutes is not a Roy Castle moment as the podium is crowded with those who have IHDs that have worked for zero minutes.

OVO are reassuring us that a Fixit is imminent, Whether it arrives before Brexit remains to be seen.
Userlevel 5
Badge
Sorry to hear your IHD stopped working so soon after install, @spencer67, @Barnabee is right there is a firmware update due for SMETS2 meters that should fix all issues.

If I'm off the mark here and you have a 1st generation smart meter please reach out to our team. (I tweaked the title of your post to help other users)

You can send us a message on Facebook, Twitter or email the team on hello@ovoenergy.com, or give them a call. You can reach our Customer Care team 9-5 Monday-Friday on 0330 303 5063.

Cheers!
My IHD has not been properly functioning (it shows gas usage data but not electric) for at least 12 weeks now. OVO has informed me that a firmware update is coming that will fix the issue. However, there is no indication of when this firmware update is being pushed out. Makes the IHD relatively useless until this is resolved.
Userlevel 5
We're only able to update a limited amount of devices at any one time, @KennethS, we've started rolling out the update so hopefully yours will be sorted soon! 🙂
Any update on timeframe? The weeks just keep passing....
Userlevel 5
Badge
Not just yet, @KennethS, as soon as we get any further info we'll update you!
We changed to OVO back in April 2019. The IHD stopped working within hours and we were told a replacement would be with us within 5 weeks. HAHAHA! Since then we have had two similar promises and now our emails are ignored. The whole point of a "SMART" meter is to allow consumption to be closely monitored and controlled via an IHD. As we enter Autumn - Winter that is now even more important. OVOs failure to fix this problem after many months shows just how disinterested they really are in allowing consumers to monitor and control their consumption and control their carbon footprint. Their promises are just the usual b******t!
Userlevel 5

It may be that a new device isn’t needed, @joharper, we may just have to send a remote update to the IHD to resolve the issue.

We’d need to take a closer look into this, send us a message on Facebook or Twitter with your name, DoB and account number. If you don’t use social media, send the team an email on hello@ovoenergy.com.

I sent you via email my name, dob and account number so can i have answer to my question now please,