Solved

Should my IHD go off every night at midnight and come back on next morning?

• 2 November 2019
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 2

I H D goes blank at midnight is that correct. Derek Higgs.Thanks.

icon

Best answer by PeterR1947 7 November 2019, 01:06

@Derek Higgs Interesting, mine lights up the kitchen like daylight normally!

Thanks for this, if you go into settings, there’s a setting called Backlight which has options ON or 1 Min; I cahnged mine to 1 min, just nipped downstairs (at 12:02 am) and the kitchen is in darkness!

I’m unsure when it went off but if you change the backlight to “on” it will light up all night.

Peter

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

Hi @Derek Higgs which model of IHD do you have?

Userlevel 2

I believe it is a Pippet type IHD Peter

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

@Derek Higgs Interesting, mine lights up the kitchen like daylight normally!

Thanks for this, if you go into settings, there’s a setting called Backlight which has options ON or 1 Min; I cahnged mine to 1 min, just nipped downstairs (at 12:02 am) and the kitchen is in darkness!

I’m unsure when it went off but if you change the backlight to “on” it will light up all night.

Peter

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

@Derek Higgs Hi again Derek, if you change that setting I mentioned to “off” the backlight does go off after a minute, it only comes back on when you touch the screen so I have no idea about your midnight dimming unless you have a more modern Pipit, mine’s about 2yrs old,

Mine has a Night Mode setting which does automatically turn the display off at midnight if enabled. Pressing the Home button turns it back on a short period.