Solved

OVO's Chameleon IHD In Home Display - has anyone got this working with their WiFi?

• 21 April 2017
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1
I have one of the new IHDs, its square and made by Chameleon Technology. (see picture - and yes, that is a bit of masking tape at the bottom with black pen to try and stop the blindingly bright indicator lights you can't turn off or dim from keeping the room lit at night!)(turns out the flash shows up dust more than I thought!)

I can't get this on my wi-fi using any method. It seems like it doesn't have a MAC address at all - the sticker on the bottom says the mac address is all 0s.

Has anyone got this working with their wifi, I am very tech savvy so I hope its not me, but I guess it could be some incompatibility with my router (a tp-link one).
icon

Best answer by Tim_OVO 22 June 2017, 17:26

Hi @AndyB

Thanks for your post. I've made this into a topic all on its own, so we have a place for other queries on our new In Home Display (IHD).

I can see that the engineer linked up this IHD to your smart meters on the day the meters were fitted. nice work Mr engineer. We'll be adding new functionality to our IHDs soon, which will allow it to sync with your My OVO account via your WiFi. This will let you view your real-time usage online, which is very excited for us energy geeks. :$

We'll be in touch with further details when these new feature have been rolled out.

Thanks,
Tim
View original

3 replies

Hello.

I have just had both smart meters fitted and the engineer told me he's not issuing the IHD as the new Colour IHD is due out and will be sent in the post. Do you know how long it will be before we receive it?

Regards, David
Userlevel 7
Badge +2
Hi @AndyB

Thanks for your post. I've made this into a topic all on its own, so we have a place for other queries on our new In Home Display (IHD).

I can see that the engineer linked up this IHD to your smart meters on the day the meters were fitted. nice work Mr engineer. We'll be adding new functionality to our IHDs soon, which will allow it to sync with your My OVO account via your WiFi. This will let you view your real-time usage online, which is very excited for us energy geeks. :$

We'll be in touch with further details when these new feature have been rolled out.

Thanks,
Tim
Userlevel 7
Badge +2
Hello.

I have just had both smart meters fitted and the engineer told me he's not issuing the IHD as the new Colour IHD is due out and will be sent in the post. Do you know how long it will be before we receive it?

Regards, David

Hi @dlm71

I've moved your query to a topic already set up for the new In Home Display.

The engineer should have these on them when fitting your meter. They're needed in order to link it up with your meters, but the new one's are only being given out in small numbers at this early stage.

I'll send you a PM now to ask for your account number, name and DoB. We'll get you added to a list to get the old IHD posted to you - a current wait time of 6 weeks.

Tim