Solved

New customer, can I have instructions for the Chameleon IHD?

• 10 October 2017
  • 38 replies

Show first post

38 replies

I was not left with any instructions on how to interrogate my SM Remote. Some months ago I spoke to an OVO person who promised to send me one, possibly by email. No such item has appeared.
Userlevel 5
Badge +2
Moved your topic onto this thread @User4 as I believe the best answer on here answers your query!

Lucy
I have had the chameleon IHD installed along with smart meters yesterday. The installer did not give me any instructions or manual. He showed me what the buttons did but not the functionality eg budgets etc etc.

I have looked on the OVO website and on here and can’t find a link to a pdf or similar. The Faq about IHD refer to the pipit??? version of IHD.

EDF EON have their instructions available online. Does ovo have somewhere I can see the instructions or download. I mean. I don’t know what to do if it loses connection or how to change monthly budgets. I managed to work out how to change daily ones.

So much I’m not able to do or understand about this reasonably cool looking gizmo in my living room.

Where are instructions 🙂? Help.
Userlevel 5
Badge
Hey @myovo18 - I've moved your comment over to this thread where you should find the info you need!

Nancy
Hey @myovo18 - I've moved your comment over to this thread where you should find the info you need!

Nancy

Unfortunately this does help me find the info I need. The FAQ page that is linked to this thread as the best answer is for an older model IHD. As explained in my post I have the chameleon IHD 3, not the pipit version.

Please can someone help me in getting hold of instructions for th IHD 3. Thank you.
Userlevel 5
Badge
Hi @myovo18,

If you drop the team a PM on Facebook, they'll be able to share with you a PDF document containing the user guide.

Nancy
Where can I access or download the user manual for my smart meter.
Userlevel 5
Badge
Where can I access or download the user manual for my smart meter.

Hey @adrk,

I've moved your topic over here - you should be able to find all the info you need!

Nancy
Thanks Nancy...

"I've moved your topic over here - you should be able to find all the info you need!

But where?
I see nothing that answers my question.
Nancy, this section seems to be about the IHD, whereas I want to be able to access & use my Smart Meter -and it has a 1-9 keyboard with A & B buttons as well.
Userlevel 5
Badge
Ah, I see @adrk. Try this link which focuses on the meters themselves:

https://www.ovoenergy.com/smart-meters

Hope this helps!
Lovely glossy sales brochure but nothing that i can see about how to get myself a reading.
This is the link you want, @adrk - https://www.ovoenergy.com/help/after-your-smart-meter-installation#how-do-i-read-my-smart-meter-screen!