Solved

My newly installed smart meter is showing very high usage - why?

• 15 March 2020
  • 7 replies

Help …….. Switched to OVO on the 9th March and got smart meter in few days later . My smart meeting reading this morning says I have used £32 since Wednesday . I havnt dared put heating on no longer than a hour , when I’m running baths in using loads . I’m not at my wits end , crying and anxious . Can anyone pls tell me why it’s like this … regards 

icon

Best answer by Transparent 16 March 2020, 13:43

Hi @Lisgibbo - this is normal. Your new Smart meters don’t yet have the correct tariff loaded into memory.

There’s lots of further information over here on another Topic.

Also have read of this Topic about new SMETS2 Installations.

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Hi @Lisgibbo - this is normal. Your new Smart meters don’t yet have the correct tariff loaded into memory.

There’s lots of further information over here on another Topic.

Also have read of this Topic about new SMETS2 Installations.

Aw thanks cos I been so worried about it x

Hi don't worry my meter was fitted on the 9th march the gas reading is heywire but it's ok on the account the problems getting OVO to sort it.

Thanks Tony … i panicked cos never seen my previous meter going past £4 in a day and that was with having my heating on for few hours a day . I spoke to a lovely girl called julie from OVO and she was really helpful so hopefully smart will sort itself out x

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

@Lisgibbo- the next thing you’ll probably notice is your IHD reporting “Waiting for current data”.

This too is normal. It means that OVO are doing the commissioning process. It will resolve itself once they download fresh code and data to your Communications Hub.

Do not panic!

Do not contact Customer Services!

And @Nancy_OVO - we really do need to get this information printed in the IHD Manual which Installers leave with the customers. Can you please draw Linnea’s attention to this issue?

Thanks Nancy @OVO 

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

I’ve passed it on, @Transparent