Solved

Is there some kind of settling in period with the IHD?

• 27 April 2019
  • 3 replies

Since having my new smart meters and IHD installed on Wednesday the display has been showing crazy levels of consumption, particularly electricity.

Apparently I’ve used an entire weeks budget in 2 days!

is there some kind of settling in period or is there something amiss?
icon

Best answer by Transparent 29 April 2019, 11:28

I agree @whoobub Although others of us have commented elsewhere on the Forum about these high readings, they can easily cause alarm.

Please note my comments there, that these erroneous readings by the IHD are not within OVO's field of responsibility. The IHDs and their firmware are approved by DCC and Ofgem. They are from a 3rd party supplier and used by many Energy Suppliers.

There certainly is a settling in period as you refer to it. It takes about 5-6 weeks of testing and commissioning before your real tariff data finally gets uploaded to your SMETS2 meters by OVO. There's more discussion about that on the other Topic I've just referred you to.
View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +2
I agree @whoobub Although others of us have commented elsewhere on the Forum about these high readings, they can easily cause alarm.

Please note my comments there, that these erroneous readings by the IHD are not within OVO's field of responsibility. The IHDs and their firmware are approved by DCC and Ofgem. They are from a 3rd party supplier and used by many Energy Suppliers.

There certainly is a settling in period as you refer to it. It takes about 5-6 weeks of testing and commissioning before your real tariff data finally gets uploaded to your SMETS2 meters by OVO. There's more discussion about that on the other Topic I've just referred you to.
Would have been nice to be advised of the problems. Less aware customers could easily be panicking.
Had mine fitted Thursday and having the same problem; weekly budget spent after the first day. Apparently OVO are aware of an issue with the SMET2 not communicating properly with the IHD but they have reassured me that the meter itself will be providing the correct info.