Solved

IHD3 V8.1 stopped updating

Userlevel 4

My IHD3 version 8.1 installed last year has been working fine after lots of initial smart meter upgrade problems we have talked about in other threads. Then suddenly yesterday it started rebooting with the message  “waiting for current data” followed by “connection lost”. 

I have tried switching it off and on and putting it very near the meters, but no change.

Could someone at OVO say whether there has been some sort of system upgrade (which often breaks things), or whether it is likely to be a local problem, needing a new IHD, or even a new smart meter - heavens forbid, again!

Tony

icon

Best answer by tony1tf 2 June 2020, 16:06

Hi @Tim_OVO 

Yes - happy  to let this be shut down. As I posted on the other thread just, my IHD is now working and showing all history as well, so it would be good to know if OVO have done something.

Tony

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Hi @tony1tf 

[fx: sigh] Join the growing band of customers with similar “missing data” faults.

You could start by reading this Topic where several of them report errors individually… which then mysteriously get fixed.

Then read my comment about why fixing individual faults is a waste of our time trying to collate them here on the Forum.

… and then you might want to see what I wrote over here about customer feedback and the reply from @Tim_OVO later.

Userlevel 4

Hi @Transparent 

Thanks for your reply - I now realise with your links that you kindly provided that this a recent general problem. I find that the search engine on this forum rarely picks the more technical replies that you have linked to, hence my own specific new topic.

I looked at my OVO usage page and see my hourly electricity stopped on 31st May at 4:30pm, and daily gas on 30th May.

I’ll poke @Tim_OVO as well so he is aware.

My IHD is still waiting  for current data with a flashing wireless symbol.

Clearly a system problem has befallen OVO, so it would be nice to be told the reasons here on this forum.

Tony

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

Hi @tony1tf - would you be happy if we closed this topic down, once Amy has replied to your comment on the other existing topic?

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

It’s a bit early for @Amy_OVO isn’t it?

I didn’t think she got her first chocolate rush of the day until gone noon :wink::chocolate_bar:

Userlevel 4

Hi @Tim_OVO 

Yes - happy  to let this be shut down. As I posted on the other thread just, my IHD is now working and showing all history as well, so it would be good to know if OVO have done something.

Tony