Solved

I want an Pipit 500 In Home Display (IHD) for my smart meters - how do I get one posted?

I changed my 91 year old mum to OVO with request for a in home display. Installer did not have an in door display but he said he would send one. Yep you guessed it nothing has turned up for months now. Have tried to get a message to OVO but no joy so running blind.
Q. how can I get a smart meter display for my mum?
icon

Best answer by Mattj3135 23 May 2017, 14:46

I changed my 91 year old mum to OVO with request for a in home display. Installer did not have an in door display but he said he would send one. Yep you guessed it nothing has turned up for months now. Have tried to get a message to OVO but no joy so running blind.

Hi @Downsouth there's quite a queue for these in home displays. To be added to the list please private message @Tim_OVO with your parents full name, address OVO account number and mention you want to be added to the list.

Once on this (if they're not already on it) one will be sent as soon as possible.
View original

11 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Hi @Downsouth there's quite a queue for these in home displays. To be added to the list please private message @Tim_OVO with your parents full name, address OVO account number and mention you want to be added to the list.

Once on this (if they're not already on it) one will be sent as soon as possible.

Hey @Downsouth

Just so you know - I've edited your question so it's easier for others to find as it's a great topic!

Thanks for your comment @Mattj3135, you're absolutely right! If you haven't already, private message @Tim_OVO and he'll get back to you.

Hope this helps,
Emma
18th October 2017: Gas & electric smart meters fitted having moved to OVO from BG; installation fine and engineer said, "new type IHD will follow automatically, we can't give out the old ones we have on the van". I wasn't convinced so phoned OVO to make sure they had the request. OVO confirmed it should happen automatically but took my details anyway and said I could just return one IHD if two turned up.
24th October 2017: Phoned OVO to check on progress re my IHD; was told "oops, you're not even on our spreadsheet to receive one!" Not impressed but at least I appreciated the honesty. OVO apologise and say they will expedite.
9th November 2017: Still no IHD so phoned again; had to leave house before getting an answer but, as promised, email response was waiting for me when I got back. Apparently IHD was despatched on 2nd November (and signed for) - but sent to the wrong address!? OVO apologised (again!) and confirmed another IHD had been despatched to my address that very day (9th Nov) and should be with me within 72 hours. I also emailed (on the 9th Nov) to ask what address the IHD had been sent to and I'm still awaiting a reply some 5 days later.
14th November 2017: Guess what? Still no sign of the promised IHD and, in the words of Diana Ross, "I'm still waiting..."
The availability of the new IHD's seems to be something of an issue so If anyone from OVO actually reads this perhaps you could assist?
Thank you.
Userlevel 7
Badge +2
Still not arrived, @TAJA55 :?
IHD arrived about 10 days ago as per my PM's to Tim. Tariff & unit rate issues were all wrong but were corrected a week or so later after a phone call to OVO. Oddly, the tariff & unit rate for GAS are now incorrect again! However, I'm reliably informed that the billing information held by OVO is correct, despite what the IHD might say. Perhaps the updated version of the IHD will have fewer gremlins in the works!
Contacted them twice trough the contact page regarding my IHD. Well lake of it as i was not supplied one when had meters fitted.
Userlevel 6
Badge +4
Contacted them twice trough the contact page regarding my IHD. Well lake of it as i was not supplied one when had meters fitted.

Hey @dpm75,

I've moved your post over to this topic where users have been asking the same thing. How did you try to contact us? You can call on 0330 303 5063, or drop us a message on Facebook or Twitter and we can look into this for you.

Nancy
Good afternoon,

We've just bought our first home and the previous occupants had their energy provided by OVO, they already have smart meters installed too.

We've just set up a new account with OVO but it appears the previous occupants took their IHD with them (they left the manual though haha!)

Does anyone know how we go about getting a new IHD from OVO?

Many thanks,

Scott
Congratulations on your first home, @Ode2summer :D

I've moved your query over here as the same topic already existed!

We can get an IHD sent out to you in the post, but we'll need your contact details first. I'd recommend sending us a PM on Facebook with your full name, DoB and account number so we can arrange this for you - https://www.facebook.com/ovoenergy.

Emma
I am a new customer and have had a smart meter installed. The engineer was booked to come between 12 and 4pm, the engineer engineer arrived at 16.45 after i called the customer service desk. He installed the meter but did not have any in-home display screens so I have now been left with half a job done. What is the process that needs to be followed now to get a in-home display screen. Will this require another engineer visit?
Userlevel 6
Badge +4
Hey @Losbo1234,

You should be able to find the information you need on this thread - I've moved your comment over.

Thanks,
Nancy