Solved

I have 2nd Generation smart meters - The In Home Display is not showing correct usage

• 4 May 2019
  • 6 replies

Had my SMETS2 installed on the 30th April and so far the IHD is only displaying the gas reading and not the electric. Have spoken to OVO but as yet had no satisfactory explanation of the reason why this is. What should i be doing to take this forward ?
icon

Best answer by Ed_OVO 6 May 2019, 16:14

Hi @cmhibb and @PeteW.

@PeteW is absolutely right, there seems to be a widespread issue with the SMETS2 meters and the In Home Displays (IHD).

We're working hard on a bulk remote fix to all our affected customers, we'll keep you updated!

Don't worry, we bill you based on meter readings, not what the In Home Display shows, so you're not going to be billed as you see on the IHD.

Thanks,
Ed
View original

6 replies

Yep; me too! Also loads of similar cases on the Bulb forum. Looks like a software/firmware issue awaiting resolution.
Thanks for the reply
Userlevel 2
Badge
Hi @cmhibb and @PeteW.

@PeteW is absolutely right, there seems to be a widespread issue with the SMETS2 meters and the In Home Displays (IHD).

We're working hard on a bulk remote fix to all our affected customers, we'll keep you updated!

Don't worry, we bill you based on meter readings, not what the In Home Display shows, so you're not going to be billed as you see on the IHD.

Thanks,
Ed
any news on a fix? its two months since the response which said we'll keep you update
Thanks
Dave
No news on the IHD fix. Been waiting since April for a new one or a fix.
Userlevel 6
Badge
@locked @cmhibb

Unfortunately no updates just yet. We'll let you know as soon as we've heard anything!

Thanks for your patience.