Solved

How to set up Pipit 500 IHD after moving house?

• 7 February 2018
  • 2 replies

Hi,

I recently moved in to a new house and decided to keep the energy provider as OVO. We have a smart meter for our electricity and the previous owners also left a IHD. I have put batteries in it and tried to find out how it shows what energy we are using but it doesn’t seem to be linked to the smart meter. Also, if it isn’t used for a minute or two it switches itself off. I’m not sure if this is normal or not - everyone I know that has had a smart meter fitted has a much more modern IHD than the one we have and they are always turned on and showing the current energy being used. I have attached a photo of the IHD - it is a Pipit 500 model if that helps? Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks
icon

Best answer by Paul 8 February 2018, 20:30

Turning off after 2 minutes is normal with batteries. Use the wall adaptor and it stays on. As for connecting to smart meter, you will probably need to contact ovo. Try PMing them in Twitter or Facebook.
View original

2 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge
Turning off after 2 minutes is normal with batteries. Use the wall adaptor and it stays on. As for connecting to smart meter, you will probably need to contact ovo. Try PMing them in Twitter or Facebook.
Thanks for your reply Paul, we weren’t left an adaptor so we can only use it with batteries. I’ll contact Ovo like you said. Thanks again!