Solved

How long before my new IHD gets activated?

• 24 January 2020
  • 2 replies

I had my smart meters installed yesterday and the guy said it will take a few hours before the IHD will show the correct data. Currently it is showing just sample data (£1.66, used so far today 13.88 kWh).

It’s now been a day and the IHD is still only showing the same sample data and nothing is moving. I tried switching off and back on again, but nothing changed.

Is this normal? Should it take more than a day for the right data to come through?

The device is a IHD3-CAD-PPMID.

Thanks,

Michael.

icon

Best answer by Fuzzyduck 24 January 2020, 15:52

Mine was working before the installer had left. The first IHD had the issue you have, it turned out that this IHD had been previously used and although had been reset it was still registered to another consumer. He had to call OVO to get this info. He got a fresh IHD from the van and it connected and started getting data within 5 minutes.

View original

2 replies

Mine was working before the installer had left. The first IHD had the issue you have, it turned out that this IHD had been previously used and although had been reset it was still registered to another consumer. He had to call OVO to get this info. He got a fresh IHD from the van and it connected and started getting data within 5 minutes.

Thanks, that’s very helpful. I will give them a call.