Solved

How do I 'pair' my Pipit 500 In Home Display (IHD) with my gas meter?

• 20 July 2017
  • 3 replies

I had a smart electric meter installed some time ago and a gas meter last week. The engineer did not pair the gas meter with my IHD, so I believe I need the PIN to do this.
Also, my meters have not given any readings to OVO since the gas meter installation although the WAN light is flashing correctly.
icon

Best answer by Tim_OVO 20 July 2017, 20:46

I had a smart electric meter installed some time ago and a gas meter last week. The engineer did not pair the gas meter with my IHD, so I believe I need the PIN to do this.
Also, my meters have not given any readings to OVO since the gas meter installation although the WAN light is flashing correctly.

Hi @matthewwoods

This seems to be the first post on this subject, so I've tweaked the title and added some more tags, hopefully making it easier to find for anyone else.

You won't need a PIN number to 'pair' the IHD with either of your smart meters. The PIN option is there to allow an engineer to un-link an In Home Display. The best thing for you would be to call our Care team directly: https://www.ovoenergy.com/ovo-answers#contactnumbers. Whilst you're on the phone, the agent you speak to can check if anything needs pairing and then get what's needed done there and then - simple! 🆒

More information about IHDs here.

Thanks

Updated on 25/2/2020

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

Hi @matthewwoods

This seems to be the first post on this subject, so I've tweaked the title and added some more tags, hopefully making it easier to find for anyone else.

You won't need a PIN number to 'pair' the IHD with either of your smart meters. The PIN option is there to allow an engineer to un-link an In Home Display. The best thing for you would be to call our Care team directly: https://www.ovoenergy.com/ovo-answers#contactnumbers. Whilst you're on the phone, the agent you speak to can check if anything needs pairing and then get what's needed done there and then - simple! 🆒

More information about IHDs here.

Thanks

Updated on 25/2/2020

Smart Meters installed earlier today, engineer has left a display though differs completely from the version shown on the OVO site. Is showing real time electricity readings , but doesn't respond when try to change to gas following the tutorial instructions. Shows no gas information
Smart Meters installed earlier today, engineer has left a display though differs completely from the version shown on the OVO site. Is showing real time electricity readings , but doesn't respond when try to change to gas following the tutorial instructions. Shows no gas information

Hey @whistlingdixy

I've moved your query over to this topic as it's very similar.

It doesn't sound like you're doing anything wrong so I'd recommend calling the Care team as Tim advised above. They'll be able to see what needs pairing and talk you through how to use the new IHD.

Thanks,
Emma