How do I get an IHD for my Smart meter?

• 25 January 2018
  • 8 replies

Why have I not got a home display with my smart meter
icon

Best answer by Nancy_OVO 26 January 2018, 17:52

Hi @Arty,

I've edited your title slightly so other users that need this information can find it.

If you've not been provided with an IHD, the best thing to do is give us a ring on 0330 303 5063 and we can get one sent out to you. Alternatively you can drop us a message on Facebook or Twitter and we can get it done through there. Be sure to include your account number, full name and DoB.

Hope this helps,
Nancy
View original

8 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge

Hi @Arty,

I've edited your title slightly so other users that need this information can find it.

If you've not been provided with an IHD, the best thing to do is give us a ring on 0330 303 5063 and we can get one sent out to you. Alternatively you can drop us a message on Facebook or Twitter and we can get it done through there. Be sure to include your account number, full name and DoB.

Hope this helps,
Nancy
We had a smart meter installed almost a month ago. The installer told us there was no more stock of the smart meter gadgets that allow you to monitor your usage but that one would be sent to us within a week. Has anyone experienced the same delay and if so, how long did you have to wait. Have spoken to Ovo but am still none the wiser. Have to admit, the indoor display gadget was the main reason we agreed to have a smart meter installed so feeling a bit miffed by this. Had the installer told us prior to switching I think we would have cancelled. Thank you
Userlevel 6
Badge
Hi @BEVVY99 - I've moved your post onto this thread - you should find the info you need above.

Cheers!
Smart meter installed on the 20/06/2019 engineer very efficent and quick, but on compleation he then told me there where no handsets and I would have to wait a least a fortnight.
So I rang customer services the same day to be told they would get one sent to me straight away.
Of course it never turned up I had to speak to customer care about another issue like being locked out of my account and mention the fact i still didn,t have a hand device . I was told I would more than likely have to wait six weeks for one.

So my advice is to anyone having meters installed be sure to get the hand device before th engineer starts work.
Not very happy with OVO to date.
Userlevel 5
There's limited stock available for the IHD's at the moment, @Allan 71. An agent shouldn't have advised that the device would be sent out that day - I'm sorry.

It's not unusual to install smart meters without an IHD, this can be added at a later date and the meters will work as normal.

Eva
Hi Eva
I wanted a new meter so I could monitor my usage. Not so much as not having to do my own readings..
I still think customers should be told before installing.
Userlevel 5
That's fair enough, @Allan 71, we appreciate the feedback!

I'll pass this onto the Smart team to see if this is something that could be done in the future.

Don't forget, once your smart meter information has been updated on My OVO you'll be able to track smart usage there!
Eva it may be usual to how Ovo deal with there installs, (not fitting a ihd at time of installation) but it's not elsewhere, unless the customer refuses a display it should be fitted at time of install, and also the option of a demo. SMICOP.