Solved

How can I take meter readings from my Smart meter?

• 5 March 2019
  • 3 replies

I need to take readings from my smart meter. When I google how to do it it says press 9 but I don’t have a dial pad! It has a home button, Now button, calendar, ok, and then arrows. Tried everything Any ideas?
icon

Best answer by Transparent 5 March 2019, 19:57

Erm, @Louise7923 - you're looking at your In Home Device (IHD). The button you need to press is on the Smart-meter itself!
View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Erm, @Louise7923 - you're looking at your In Home Device (IHD). The button you need to press is on the Smart-meter itself!
Oh really! Never knew that existed 😂
thank you - new to all this tech!
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
That's fine @Louise7923 This Forum is a good place to ask for such advice.

There are some quite interesting new bits of tech kit going to be entering the domestic energy market in the next couple of years. These include

• Smart washing-machines & dishwashers which will start up when the price per kilowatt is cheapest
  • Electric vehicles which can re-sell power back to the Grid
  • Half-hour variable tariffs so we can budget when we wish to use gas and electricity
We will all have new concepts to understand and this Forum is ideal for asking all those awkward questions. You don't need to use technical terms either.... keep it simple!

Some answers will differ according to the type of contract you're on, or whereabouts in the country you live. I generally look in the User Profile to get this information... so if you have a moment, please fill yours out.

Thanks. ☺