Solved

Economy 7 & my In Home Display (IHD) - can I see off peak usage separately?

• 19 January 2019
  • 7 replies

Hello, I have jus had a new Smart Meter fitted and I am on Economy 7.
The new In House Display (IHD) is very helpful, however, I can not see how to view my usage during the day and during the night (from 00.30 - 07.30 hours for the economy 7). All I seem to get is a total Kwh reading.
Is it possible to see separate day & night reading on the IHD?
Thanks,
Ian
icon

Best answer by IanCrawford 25 April 2019, 13:47

Not really, I was hoping to see separate total readings for Economy 7 usage and day time usage but the IHD only shows a total day usage. However, I am now use to the display on the IHD and I have all the information I require.
Thanks,
Ian
View original

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +2
Is it possible to see separate day & night reading on the IHD?

Good question @IanCrawford - I have a feeling it's live, day, week, month breakdowns. Which IHD do you have, the coloured screen one called a Chameleon?

@Abreaders @Davido are pretty good on all things IHDs
I have smart meters with dual rate (economy 7) for the electricity. I can check my electrical. and gas energy consumption via myOVO but this only gives the total consumption for electricity, no day/night breakdown. Any ideas on how to obtain this?
Userlevel 6
Badge
Hey @daveevison,

I've moved your post onto this topic about the same thing. We haven't quite figured out a definitive answer yet.

@ITGeek123 - You've got a couple of EVs, do you have Eco7 to support them? If so, where do you look to see totals of your peak/off-peak usage?
Userlevel 6
Badge +1
@daveevison @Nancy_OVO

I do not have Eco7, I just set a charging schedule on the car to charge at night as habit.
Userlevel 5
Did you sort this out, @IanCrawford?
Not really, I was hoping to see separate total readings for Economy 7 usage and day time usage but the IHD only shows a total day usage. However, I am now use to the display on the IHD and I have all the information I require.
Thanks,
Ian
You say that the IHD only shows total usage, not split to night/day. However you also say you get the information you need from the IHD. Sorry if I missing something here