Solved

Do the charges displayed on the in Pipit 500 In Home Display (IHD) include standing charge?

• 20 April 2018
  • 4 replies

I've just had my new smart meter installed - a very professional process.

Do the running totals for each day on the In Home Display (IHD) include the standing charge?

Thank you,

Martin

icon

Best answer by Lucy_OVO 23 April 2018, 12:14

Updated 24/07/2019

Hey @Crispy61, The 'estimated bill' section on the In Home Display isn't the best place to check your usage, costs or spend as this will keep on increasing as it doesn't reset - more info on this can be found here. The best place to see your usage and spend would be the 'History' section on the In Home Display instead. Lucy 

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

Updated 24/07/2019

Hey @Crispy61, The 'estimated bill' section on the In Home Display isn't the best place to check your usage, costs or spend as this will keep on increasing as it doesn't reset - more info on this can be found here. The best place to see your usage and spend would be the 'History' section on the In Home Display instead. Lucy 

Why is it that when anyone queries whether the standing charge is included a straight answer is not forthcoming ? It is a simple enough question. I get up around 5 am and there is an amount of around 60p on my IHD (the latest model) when the only thing on during the night is the alarm clock radio.
Userlevel 5
Badge +2
Why is it that when anyone queries whether the standing charge is included a straight answer is not forthcoming ? It is a simple enough question. I get up around 5 am and there is an amount of around 60p on my IHD (the latest model) when the only thing on during the night is the alarm clock radio.

That's right - your standing charge will be reflected on your In Home Display as it's a cost that is taken each day regardless of your usage.