Solved

How can I get my new Chameleon In Home Display (IHD) joined to the network and displaying my usage information?

• 13 February 2018
  • 18 replies

Hey there!

I just received my new smart meter and the IDH (black model "Chameleon") and I successfully joined my home WIFI. The WIFI Signal is displaying three bands, so all good for the internet connection.
When it comes now to the "Join network" which is I imagine the connection to the smart meter reading, It loop over and over again without any chance to get my real-time consumption, any clue?

icon

Best answer by AndyB 14 February 2018, 18:41

View original

18 replies

Userlevel 7
@kesvic @random_number @AndyB @Lr19 @Valskihepp @Petershome @Thor - by the looks of it you have the same IHD - can you advise @jarod77 :?

Tim
Userlevel 1

Updated on 09/01/23 by Emmanuelle_OVO

Great work getting your new In-Home Display (IHD) connected to your WiFi!

This is slightly different to the Home-Area Network which connects the device to your Smart meter and displaying your usage information. The engineer would help to get this set-up if they’ve provided the IHD at the time of your smart meter installation. If you’ve received the device at a later date or needed a replacement you’ll need to contact our Support Team to complete the pairing process. They’ll send a remote message out from your smart meter which will then allow the device to join the network.

There’s more info on our device guides below:

SMETS1 Chameleon In Home Display (IHD) guide

SMETS2 In Home Display (IHD) guide

All paired up but still having issues? Check out or trouble-shooting guide below.

OVO member but not got a smart meter yet? - Book today!

Smart Meter not communicating with us? Fill in this Online Form

Interested but not yet an OVO member? - Check out our plans!

Hey there!

I just received my new smart meter and the IDH (black model "Chameleon") and I successfully joined my home WIFI. The WIFI Signal is displaying three bands, so all good for the internet connection.
When it comes now to the "Join network" which is I imagine the connection to the smart meter reading, It loop over and over again without any chance to get my real-time consumption, any clue?

My Chameleon IHD has two signal strength displays in the top-left corner. One for the link to the smart meter, the other for the link to your home wi-fi. Not sure which is which but one has curved lines expanding upward from a point, the other is vertical bars.

It sounds as though you have successfully linked to your wi-fi. Sorry, but no idea how to link to the smart meter as the installation engineer did that when fitting the smart meter.
The IHD is connected to my home WIFI, the issue is that the IHD isn't connected to the network in order to fetch data consumption from you guys... Could you advise? Pretty sure it's an issue with the pairing between the IHD and the smart meter.
No documentation on your website for the new IHD, I'm just myself trying to figure this out, any help would be much appreciated.
Userlevel 7

Hi @jarod77 it might be best to get our Care team to make sure the IHD is connected to your smart meters correctly. None of our forum users will be able to check this. Reach out to them via Facebook, Twitter or  online chat via the Help Centre.

Email sent. Thanks
I have now also managed to connect the Chameleon IDH to my home wifi however it is still not bringing any live data back ?

I'm in a 2nd floor apartment so too far away from my meter for the normal (ZigBee) signal to reach.

Any ideas how to get results back through wifi instead as without it the IDH is pretty much useless which is a shame.
Userlevel 5
Can you send us a screenshot from your My OVO account @Coop_UK?
Good Morning Lucy please see attached as requested.
Userlevel 5
Good Morning Lucy please see attached as requested.

Hi @Coop_UK, you'll need to click on the 'My Smart Usage' box (middle right). This should bring up your usage graphs.

Nancy
Good Morning Nancy,

I can see that online for the previous day. I am meaning in regard to the In Home Display and live use. So that I can see what uses what and I can make a difference.
My meter broke and was sent a new one followed instructions and when I clicked join network nothing happens there is just an esclamation mark flashing in the left hand corner. Says no data where my electric and gas balance should be
Userlevel 5
Hopefully you'll find the answer on here @Lolipoplil 🙂
I received my new Chameleon IHD yesterday and contacted OVO to activate but it hasn't connected to Wi-fi or meters. Please can anyone help?
Userlevel 5
Hi @Coolnan - I've moved your post onto this topic about connecting your IHD. Hope this helps!
Thank you for your help. I am now sorted thanks to a member of OVO contacting me regarding my problem, nobody had disconnected my old IHD!

Thanks for help everyone.
how do I input my tariff and standing charge in to the smart meter? All I get at the moment is KWH usage. thanks
Userlevel 5
Hi @Julian Earnshaw - I've moved your post over here.

Sounds like your IHD needs connecting rather than anything inputting. More info above ☝🏼