Solved

Can I pair a Chameleon IHD with my Liberty Secure 100 meter?

• 31 March 2020
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

@Transparent@ITGeek123 I have recently acquired a Chameleon IHD2 and would have liked to use it instead of the near useless Pipit 500.

Any ideas if it would be possible to pair this with my Liberty Secure 100 meter?

I have tried the pair option from the IHD but it doesn’t work, I presume it needs some interation with the Smart meter first.

All I get from Octopus is “ Unfortunately, it is unlikely that this will work properly as the in-home display needs to be joined remotely with your meters. Without it being an in-home display that we have supplied, we are unable to do this.

icon

Best answer by Transparent 31 March 2020, 14:23

Eight-legs are correct.

To “pair” anything with your Communications Hub requires the process to be instigated by your Energy Supplier.

They will give you instructions of what to do, and there is an automatic timeout feature, during which the process must be completed.

So @PeterR1947 - you’ve effectively replaced your “near useless Pipit 500” with a completely non-functional Chameleon. :tired_face:

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

Hey @PeterR1947 

@Transparent Will be the best one out of us two to answer this.

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Eight-legs are correct.

To “pair” anything with your Communications Hub requires the process to be instigated by your Energy Supplier.

They will give you instructions of what to do, and there is an automatic timeout feature, during which the process must be completed.

So @PeterR1947 - you’ve effectively replaced your “near useless Pipit 500” with a completely non-functional Chameleon. :tired_face:

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

Thanks @Transparent I thought as much :joy:

I’ll talk to eight legs again!

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

Unfortunately, eight legs have told me that they can’t do anything as SMETS1 software doesn’t allow manual addition of IHDs.

i get the message they don’t want customers telling them that something they don’t want to do as it’s too much trouble is possible!

I love my near useless Pipit 500 and will ebay my completely non-functional Chameleon. :money_mouth:

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

That’s an “interesting” answer.

So how do 8-leg’s installers manage to pair the initial IHD with the SMETS1 meter, if it’s not done “manually”? :thinking:

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

That’s an “interesting” answer.

So how do 8-leg’s installers manage to pair the initial IHD with the SMETS1 meter, if it’s not done “manually”? :thinking:

My guess is they are saying it has to be done by an engineer at the premises or clearly they just don’t want to do it!

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

And aren’t you an engineer, @PeterR1947 ?! :wink:

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

And aren’t you an engineer, @PeterR1947 ?! :wink:

:grinning: