Solved

Can I change to daily smart meter readings?

• 28 July 2019
  • 9 replies

I was getting daily readings on gas and electricity on my smart meters for the last 2 years (something I found useful for controlling my usage). About 3 months ago the daily readings stopped to be replaced by monthly readings. I contacted ovo as to when my daily readings would reappear and they informed that it was due to a technical problem and would be fixed within 2 days. It is now 2 months and nothing has changed. I am getting my normal monthly bills based on the smart meter reads - which are correct. The smart meters are getting the information out to ovo so why can't ovo transmit the daily readings to me.
icon

Best answer by Amy_OVO 29 July 2019, 18:32

Welcome to the forum, @summerbeepro, sorry to hear that the request to change you back to daily readings failed, it sounds like the request may have timed out.

I've tweaked the titled of this question, just to help other users that may have the same query locate this answer.

This is something you'll need to contact our team to get sorted, again I'm afraid.

You can send us a message on Facebook, Twitter or email the team on hello@ovoenergy.com, or give them a call. You can reach our Customer Care team 9-5 Monday-Friday on 0330 30 5063.

Thanks!
View original

9 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge
Welcome to the forum, @summerbeepro, sorry to hear that the request to change you back to daily readings failed, it sounds like the request may have timed out.

I've tweaked the titled of this question, just to help other users that may have the same query locate this answer.

This is something you'll need to contact our team to get sorted, again I'm afraid.

You can send us a message on Facebook, Twitter or email the team on hello@ovoenergy.com, or give them a call. You can reach our Customer Care team 9-5 Monday-Friday on 0330 30 5063.

Thanks!
Hello,
I chose half hourly uploads for my smart meters a few weeks ago but submitting the relevant form.
I can now see half hourly data in the electricity usage dashboards but not in the gas one.
Why could that be and what is the solution?
Thank you
Userlevel 5
Badge
Welcome to the forum, @pietro80, I've moved your post here, please check out my above answer for further help.

Thanks!
Thank you @Amy_OVO but contacting your support via phone would remove my "all online" discount, right?
Is there a solution to fix this issue without losing it?
Thanks
Userlevel 5
Badge
You're welcome, @pietro80!

If you needed to get in touch about something you're not able to do online, or you can't find the answer to on our website, then you wouldn't run the risk of losing the reward, this is that kind of scenario.

You can find more information about the Self Service reward here.

☺
We've had a Smart Meter for a couple of years now, with no problems experienced whatsoever, and enjoying accurate readings each month. At set-up we opted for daily reporting back.
Is it possible to change the set-up to the half-hourly reporting that OVO recommend?
Userlevel 5
Badge
You'll find the info you need above, @PeterL, welcome to the forum!
Had my smart meters installed recently and I think they are good. However when I set it up I ask for readings up to every 30 mins so I could get some usage graphs and my gas meter is doing this but not the electric. Are you able to help?
Userlevel 5
Badge
Welcome to the forum, @LewisBaker, please check my best answer at the top of this thread.

It sounds like your meters may be syncing up to our systems, this can take up to 6 weeks post smart meter installation for things to level out. If it's been longer than this pop our team a message.

Cheers!