Solved

Will I lose Self service reward if I switch too early?

• 17 September 2019
  • 2 replies

My 2 year fixed deal ends on 9 October and I am considering switching to another supplier as I found a much cheaper deal. Ideally I would like to start switch now in case their deal ends but do I need to wait until the 1 October to start the switch to ensure that I receive my Self Service Reward for September?
icon

Best answer by Nancy_OVO 18 September 2019, 17:21

Hi @Sue22 and @Phil_H,

If you're still on supply with us on the date the quarter ends, you'll still earn the discount. If you start a switch now, your new supplier will take over around the 9th October, so you should be fine.

Hope this helps!
View original

2 replies

Hi

That's a good question and I think it needs someone from OVO to confirm, @Tim_OVO please can you answer this?

Bear in mind it takes at least 14 days to leave so its unlikely that even if you sign up to a new provider now that they will take over before 1st Oct.

It should be the case that, assuming they qualify, anyone leaving gets a pro-rata payment of the self service reward included in their final statement. To cover the period from the previous reward until they leave but OVO need to clarify this.
Userlevel 6
Badge +4
Hi @Sue22 and @Phil_H,

If you're still on supply with us on the date the quarter ends, you'll still earn the discount. If you start a switch now, your new supplier will take over around the 9th October, so you should be fine.

Hope this helps!