Solved

Will I lose my Self Service Reward (SSR) for setting up an account for my mother?

• 7 October 2019
  • 2 replies

Hi
I am trying to help my 86 year old mother move her energy account.
Ovo seem to offer a reasonable deal for her, so I am trying to contact Ovo to discuss this on behalf of my mother. Issue is that she is not online so would need to have a 'traditional' paper account.

as i have an Ovo account already online, I cant speak to Ovo to discuss without losing my Online discount - frustrating !

any ideas ?
icon

Best answer by Anonymous 7 October 2019, 17:09

Hi

You can contact OVO by phone or email to discuss this and you would not loose your discount as its not something you can do in My Ovo. In any case this is about a new account not your own account so I am sure OVO would be happy to discuss your questions.

Also you could help manage an account online on behalf of your mother. My mother is 92 and and has an account with EDF. Whilst she still gets paper bills I manage meter readings and queries online for her and we may consider getting rid of the paper bills soon. If you do decide to help her with an online account you would need a to set up a different email address to use with her account.

In any case give OVO a call to discuss, I am sure they can help and this must be a very common issue.
View original

2 replies

Hi

You can contact OVO by phone or email to discuss this and you would not loose your discount as its not something you can do in My Ovo. In any case this is about a new account not your own account so I am sure OVO would be happy to discuss your questions.

Also you could help manage an account online on behalf of your mother. My mother is 92 and and has an account with EDF. Whilst she still gets paper bills I manage meter readings and queries online for her and we may consider getting rid of the paper bills soon. If you do decide to help her with an online account you would need a to set up a different email address to use with her account.

In any case give OVO a call to discuss, I am sure they can help and this must be a very common issue.
Userlevel 3
Badge
OVO do offer a paper account

Although by default all of their comms are online you can ask for paper communications.

Normally they charge £5 per quarter for this, but if your mother is on the PSR this would be free of charge. The PSR will also allow you to receive copies of communications also which are sent to herself