Solved

Why is the screen blank on Ampy 5235A Single phase watt hour meter?

• 7 February 2018
  • 8 replies

Just had the go ahead for the switch from Co-Op to OVO . Went to record readings from the above electric meter and the screen is blank .
I have phoned around supply companies without success to resolve problem .
At this point I can't give final reading to Co-Op or first reading to OVO . Has anybody got advice please .
icon

Best answer by Lucy_OVO 12 February 2018, 15:52

If the reading isn’t appearing on the screen, there might be an issue with your meter that needs to be fixed. I’d suggest speaking to Co-Op as they’ll be able to advise further on this @Willo60.

Lucy
View original

8 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +2
If the reading isn’t appearing on the screen, there might be an issue with your meter that needs to be fixed. I’d suggest speaking to Co-Op as they’ll be able to advise further on this @Willo60.

Lucy
Lucy thanks for advice . The only thing that might get a negative response from Co-op is I am moving my custom and they don't have an obligation to replace a broken meter .
Userlevel 5
Badge +2
If you’re still on supply with them and your meter is faulty, they’ll need to offer you advice on this @Willo60 - best of luck!

Lucy
Lucy ,
May not of explained properly. Got an email Feb 7th from Ovo to say they are now supplying my energy . That's when I went to check readings .

Thanks

Willo60
Userlevel 7
Badge +2
Thanks for clarifying, @Willo60.

We will need to replace your meter. If we didn't get a reading around your supply start date, we'll need to estimate. This estimate will automatically be created by a third party (in the absence of a reading from you) and issued to both suppliers to use.

For us to confirm that a new meter is to be fitted, send us a message via Facebook, Twitter or email: hello@ovoenergy.com

Tim
Userlevel 5
Badge +2
Lucy ,
May not of explained properly. Got an email Feb 7th from Ovo to say they are now supplying my energy . That's when I went to check readings .

Thanks

Willo60

Ah right! In that case, I’d advise you give our Customer Care team a call (their details can be found here: https://www.ovoenergy.com/ovo-answers) or drop ou team a message on Facebook or Twitter.

Lucy
Lucy and Tim ,

Thanks for your help . I've emailed and requested a replacement meter with details of our account number and the reason why we can't submit an electric reading . Awaiting details now of next step .

Regards

Willo60
Let us know how you get on, @Willo60 :)

Emma