Solved

Why is an issue with a third party causing a delay with my final electricity bill?

• 21 October 2018
  • 1 reply

I switched to another supplier for gas and electricity back in May. The gas was sorted out and I was issued a final bill, but still waiting for a final bill for electricity from Ovo.

Ovo even kept taking my direct debit after the cancellation, and when I contacted them to cancel it, I was led to believe I shouldn't be cancelling it, despite the fact my new supplier had also begun taking direct debits.

5 months later, I've been chasing and chasing Ovo to try to get this sorted. They just reply cryptically that there's a 'complicated' issue they need to work out with a third party. My new supplier believes everything is resolved though.

Has anyone else had this kind of issue?

I really wish I had never had any dealings with Ovo - I was assured my bills would go down, but they went up!

Very disappointing.
icon

Best answer by Tim_OVO 23 October 2018, 16:47

still waiting for a final bill for electricity from Ovo. They just reply cryptically that there's a 'complicated' issue they need to work out with a third party. My new supplier believes everything is resolved though..

Not good to hear @Davec - hopefully another forum user can share there experience with this. In the meantime, it might be best to reach out to OVO to chase this up - you might be able to sort a partial refund at the very least! Send us a message via  FacebookTwitter or webchat via our Help Centre.

This page might be worth a look, at it lists causes of delay to your final bill.

Tim

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

still waiting for a final bill for electricity from Ovo. They just reply cryptically that there's a 'complicated' issue they need to work out with a third party. My new supplier believes everything is resolved though..

Not good to hear @Davec - hopefully another forum user can share there experience with this. In the meantime, it might be best to reach out to OVO to chase this up - you might be able to sort a partial refund at the very least! Send us a message via  FacebookTwitter or webchat via our Help Centre.

This page might be worth a look, at it lists causes of delay to your final bill.

Tim